The Floodlands No Need to Run and Hide
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

@Minori I hope this is ok, I can move locations if need be

It had been a year since she had set foot in the Teekon Wilds. A pang of guilt had been her only reminder of this place, having left without even a single word. Kegana hadn’t meant to leave in such an abrupt manor, and yet she had. She had abandoned the only friends she had made since arriving in this strange place. Yet now she avoided them, keeping well of the way of Easthollow.

She hadn’t been in the area long, and honestly, she would be on her way soon enough. Stepping up to the edge of the creek, Kegana lowered her head to the rushing water. Her eyes wandering the opposing creek wary of the dangerous world a lone wolf lived in.
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Each day they remained in the area she grew more nervous. Cry wasn't a monster nescessarily but she had done something that if the roles were reversed, she would consider to be betrayal and it was an offense she couldn't imagine the man would take lightly. She had stepped away from her family to get some peace of mind and ponder over what to do from here. The sound of rushing water grabbed her attention and she strode toward it, able to smell the presence of the other female but not caring much about it. One on one she was certain she could handle herself against another woman and so she walked to the river's edge, gaze landing on the stranger before she dropped her maw and lapped at the cool water.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Water dripped from her chin as she lifted her head. Watching the ebony woman as she approached the opposing side of the creek. Kegana dipped her slightly in greeting, but kept har ocean gaze fixed on the woman. The scar along the left side of her face spoke to the miss fortunes she had found with other wolves.

“Good day.” The princess spoke just loud enough to carry over the rushing water.
pawprints 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori's gaze lifted at the movement from the female but she drank deeply, filling her belly with the cool water before lifting her own head and regarding the female coolly. A greeting was offered and she dipped her own chin in return, cold gaze warming and expression softening just enough to show she would be friendly in return "Yes, It has been" she said and gave a small smile, studying the other woman silently. She made no effort to continue the conversation, not just because she didn't start it but because conversing with strangers and making small talk was not her skillset.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Kegana appreciated the softening, and relaxed her posture, she dipped her head again, relishing in the cool water. She had grown up in a desert, and she knew there was no better feeling when one was hot than the chill of a stream. It was an easy silence that spread between them. Having established the grounds to co-exist for a moment, Kegan was content to enter the stream to further the cooling process.

Kegana offered her companion a glance every few moments, wondering whether she should offer any others words. She too was not one for small talk, finding the task tiresome and often fruitless. Clearing her throat awkwardly, she broke what had once been a comfortable silence.
pawprints 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She could've just left but there was something amusing about the way the she wolf also remained silent, apparently not willing to further the conversation. Minori's lips twitched into a small smile as she also gave occasional glances at the she wolf while wandering the shoreline and searching for fish. The throat clearing had her pause and she looked up and after a moment laughed softly "Are you familiar with the area?" she asked curiously. If she was going to make small talk she may as well get some useful information too.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Kegana was surprised by the question, thinking perhaps they would simply pass each other by. It was easier, to keep a distance and continue on their way. But for a brief moment Kegana was excited, it was strange that a simple string of words stirred her emotions. Giving a single shake of her head, “No, I haven’t had the pleasure of passing through these parts before.”

She shifted from one paw to the next, deciding the next course of action. “Are you?” A twinkle of curiosity shone in her ocean gaze, “I’m Kegana, by the way.” There weren’t many who knew her, as she kept to herself, but it was easier to have a conversation if you actually knew who you were talking to. And despite her normally frigid nature, Kegana did want to talk.
pawprints 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It turned out she didn't and Minori floundered, unsure how else she would converse with this stranger. Then the woman asked if she did and introduced herself and she thanked the stars that the woman seemed to be better socially. She tilted her head side to side in a "meh" kind of way "Vaguely" then it occurred to her that perhaps, if this woman was social and alone she could be of use. She needed help caring for Takara and feeding the two children plus herself and Higoro. She could use some help scouting and the such and perhaps if she agreed, Kegana could stay as a member of their group. Not for the first time, she thought of starting a pack and this was a chance. "I am Minori. I lead a small group that is camping nearby. I could be a guide if you don't want to grow lost and maybe if you like the company you could join us?" she stated this as an offer while also sounding hopeful which was genuine because she had realised officially she missed the feeling of leading which truly she was born to do. She was the Princess General and it was once again singing through her veins.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg

With the tilt of her head, Kegana was obviously intrigued. She wasn't necessarily lost per say, she simply went were the wind took her. This was the first offer that she had received since leaving Easthollow almost a year ago. After thinking for a moment, she decided this was a sign. The next leg of her grand journey.

Nodding slowly, Kegana smiled softly at the woman. "Thank you for the offer, Minori." She test the name on her tongue, and dipped her head in further greeting. "I would appreciate the company." She ventured a step into the river, making to cross and join the woman on the other side.
pawprints 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
For a few beats she had thought the offer would be declined, which would do nothing to lessen her determination to form a pack of her own that could last the winter and hopefully more. Then the woman nodded and thanked her , stepping across the stream and joining her. "So far it's My son Megumi, Higoro who is...well he's my childhood friend and ex mate, my best friend Takara who is...she's sort of a lover, her son Orochi and my recently made ex mate Issun. Just so you know there is a good deal happening amongst us at the moment" she seemed a bit hesitant on the details but decided that being Candid was the best option in recruiting someone new into the group. There was a lot going on, especially since they all knew one another and had deep ties, bringing in strangers who knew nothing may make them feel a bit out off.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg

A single elegant brow rose in surprise. This was definitely an interesting situation, the group deeply connected in their own way, and she a stranger. She wouldn't lie the knowledge was definitely daunting, and she was suddenly hesitant. But she shrugged the feeling of, a shake helped to relieve her previous tension.

"That certainly is a a lot." Kegana dipped her head, "I appreciate the warning. I'll be sure to work hard and prove my place within your group, for however long I am needed." She wouldn't be intimidated by the prospects. Her grandmother had taught her that no matter where you belonged there would always be hard work.
pawprints 
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was enough for her, the determination that was already shown to be a worthy member of a pack not yet formed. Her lips curved upwards into a smile and her features softened, her own chin dipping down "That is all I ask. The other leader is Issun, I recommend you introduce yourself to him when we get back. I'll show you the way and then you can familiarize yourself with whoever is around, sound good?" she looked to her as she turned to head back, feeling much better than she had when she had come to the stream.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english