Stone Circle i had been lost to you, sunlight
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
ears pivot to the side of his head as he contemplates her words of wisdom imparted to him. still, remorse floods through him again all the same. isolation had been how he'd chosen to cope but he cannot claim he does not see the selfishness in that choice. he wasn't the only one missing clay and he wasn't the only one made afraid by the tremors that rumbled the earth under foot; and of course, of course she was not begrudging him it. his mother was an angel given corporeal form, newt believes.

their conversation moves to the topic of prey and imperial gaze goes to the rabbit tracks his large pawprint crosses, made when he'd been searching it. intersection aside, he could see the rabbit trial leading away into nearby underbrush. moving the pack. stone circle is the only home he's ever known and the thought of leaving it β€” even temporarily β€” causes a truculent ache in his chest ...but home was not the place. it was the hearth ...the center of the pack was its wolves and that was where his heart truly lay. stone circle is just a place, mama. the pack is where the heart is. if it comes to relocating ...we will make a new place home, just as we've made stone circle. he gives voice to his inner contemplations, trying to be both supportive and encouraging.

for all they knew, however, relocating might not even be necessary.

a frown tugs at newt's lips as he looks at her β€” truly looks at her β€” imperial gaze taking in her gaunt form. she's already admitted to not being in the best shape but he sees it now, how she's sacrificed for the pack and for them. you need to take care of yourself, mama. newt's frown deepens and concern furrows his brow; he doesn't mean to be so blunt about it, nor sound like he was giving his mother orders but ...he's already lost clay. he does not want to watch her waste away and leave him too.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 10, 2019, 04:43 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 10, 2019, 07:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 11, 2019, 04:37 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 11, 2019, 07:32 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 12, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 12, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 13, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 13, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 14, 2019, 05:41 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 16, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 17, 2019, 04:12 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 21, 2019, 07:42 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 22, 2019, 04:35 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 04, 2020, 06:15 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - January 04, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 18, 2020, 05:05 PM