Stone Circle i had been lost to you, sunlight
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
dice roll for hunting success.

after showering him with more affectionate kisses, his mother is quick to assure him that it is not that bad; and despite her reassurances newt isn't entirely convinced. while he's been in self-induced isolation the situation in easthollow has gotten worse as famine struck after the quakes and even now, months later, they are still within the famine's unrelenting and merciless grasp. it digs in like teeth of a massive predator refusing to let go of it's prey. instead of feeding his own selfishness, he thinks bitterly, he should've been trying to help in any way that he could.

newt's ears cup forth at her challenge and a determined glint sparks to life in imperial gaze. it speaks to his tenacious nature as a provider and though concern for her still lingers beneath his breast his visage perks. alright, newt agrees readily. though the warren itself is a temporary dead end ( not that he was going to get a rabbit from within the shelter of its home ) but the tracks leading away — though slightly messed by his massive paw-print cutting thru them — he can see the continuation of them nearby.

it leads him through underbrush and pointed holly which tangles in the long tendrils of his fur but eventually he finds the lone rabbit, munching on emerald green leaves of some winterbush. too large and too thick to be considered stealthy or fast, newt must weigh to his strengths. surprise appears to be on his side, though he watches as he sinks low, belly to the snow, as the rabbit's nose twitches and ears pivot slightly. it returns to its peaceful grazing and when each muscle in his body is pulled taunt newt springs.

he uses his size and weight to his advantage, weighing the rabbit down and makes quick work of it, not wanting it to suffer. he lopes back the short distance to where he's left valette, the corpse of the rabbit stiffening betwixt his jaws but still warm he wordlessly sets it down in the snow proudly and noses it towards her.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 10, 2019, 04:43 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 10, 2019, 07:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 11, 2019, 04:37 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 11, 2019, 07:32 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 12, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 12, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 13, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 13, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 14, 2019, 05:41 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 16, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 17, 2019, 04:12 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 21, 2019, 07:42 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 22, 2019, 04:35 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 04, 2020, 06:15 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - January 04, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 18, 2020, 05:05 PM