Hushed Willows And I won't help but stare at every word
I'll be the ghost that haunts you
70 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A haven, where festivals were held and those unknown met; it was different from the home he once knew, perhaps more welcoming. Yet, he wondered if that openness may have been the cause of their downfall—he thought to ask, only to hold his tongue, uncertain how delicate of a matter it may be. He believed himself wise to have not questioned her further as the relationship between the bird and former leader was revealed; a midwife to the woman, likely having formed a bond of unbreakable ties. “I did not realise you have children,” he admitted, voice growing apologetic. “I hope I haven’t kept you from them for too long.” Although, if such a great span of time stood between her last visit to the willows and now, he wondered if the children were still dependent on her at all—and the potential for that made his queries bolder.

“What happened to those that you knew?” he asked, curious. Were they now all gone from the wilds, just the same as those he once knew? “If you don’t mind my asking.” He would not force answers out of her—he was in no position to do so, nor was he the type to act so discourteously.

Eros was taken aback by her sudden touch but he did not pull away, although he did avert his gaze to focus on the nearest willow. “These willows were a prison, at first,” he admitted. “The woman who birthed me was not a caring wolf. I believe she hated my siblings and me even before we were born. But…” He could not help but smile, thinking back. “She was the exception. The others were kind, from what I recall. And this place was always beautiful.” Perhaps it was that beauty that lured him back, the desire to see the willows one last time unbearable. One last time…

“Are you offering me a place within your home?” he asked, giving his attention back to her. It was rather forward of her, he noted, but the invitation was not declined. Although his reason for travelling back to those mountains was to find his former home, he knew the second he stepped foot back into the embrace of the willows that it was not where he was meant to remain, not a single ghost lingering to drag him down with them.
Messages In This Thread
And I won't help but stare at every word - by Eros - December 18, 2019, 11:57 PM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Andraste - December 19, 2019, 12:39 AM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Eros - December 22, 2019, 10:41 PM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Andraste - December 22, 2019, 11:39 PM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Eros - December 23, 2019, 12:15 AM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Andraste - December 23, 2019, 01:01 AM
RE: And I won't help but stare at every word - by Eros - January 05, 2020, 09:29 PM