Stone Circle and this, where i lay,
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
this is gonna be hard to write, cuz I feel so bad you wrote so much.
Note for myself: First reference of what the brain injury did to permanently affect personality
Did he want to cry about it? 

For a few moments he considered stepping into the embrace and letting her coddle him. Imagining what secret she would share that he figured would be emotionally healing or at least would be meant to. His eyes prickled and moistened like he would and then he shook his head, giving her a polite smile "I don't want to. I have a do over here. Whatever I did and whoever I was isn't in my head anymore. Maybe it's a good thing since people seem to...be so..over protective and worried and sad and annoyed in my presence. I have kids. I can be a dad, i... just wont be the one they want and that's whatever" the complete lack of memory and attachment allowed him to think without the emotions though he knew what he should feel or thought he should. It was an impressive difference and his head ached the entire time as echoes of something is wrong haunted his thoughts. Doubts and fear plagued every single decision and he flattened his ears back hoping he didn't sound like an asshole "I'm sorry if that was harsh. I really appreciate the offer but...crying wouldn't help. I don't want to heal...I've already begun to notice more familiarity. It comes and goes. So I know I will eventually. For now...you helped by grounding me here and interrupting me mid flight" he admitted it then, that he had planned on running off and away from his problems. It was really nice that she had stopped him, that she had cared enough to try to give him a shoulder to cry on. It was what he had needed to realise that he didn't need someone to rely on, he was actually a strong wolf. It was his own little discovery and it made him feel much better, displayed in the way he held himself his tail held out not quite near the high arched wagging posture he once had but happy enough. 

Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
and this, where i lay, - by Blondine - January 07, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Sunny - January 08, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Blondine - January 08, 2020, 09:21 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Sunny - January 09, 2020, 12:24 AM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Blondine - January 09, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Sunny - January 09, 2020, 03:04 AM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Blondine - January 09, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Sunny - January 09, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Blondine - January 09, 2020, 03:38 PM
RE: and this, where i lay, - by Sunny - January 13, 2020, 06:47 PM