Sunbeam Lair bury the hatchet
blackbird
47 Posts
Ooc — mochi
ah, is offered to her as she explains further that the 'powers' fall upon men in general: hunting and mercenaries primarily. what if a woman is a hunter or mercenary? is she still guided by the 'powers' then or are they gender specific as well as trade specific? he inquires. stitch hadn't believed in anything bigger than herself and the only gods killgrave prayed to was the self-indulgence of greed and lust. he could remember, once, when he was a child an elder whispering to him as he cured him of fever that the whales were thought to be gods and that their beachings were gratitude for their faith. ...from what salvatore garnered from religions ( in general ) it was that the mortals did most of the offerings.

with the flow and ebb of their conversation, there is a raise of scarred brow as she comments that she wasn't sorry that she ended up in that situation. he takes it to mean that he doesn't want her pity; and in that moment she reminds him of his mother. salvatore can't help but think that if they'd have known each other they'd have gotten along. you sound like my mom. he says admits before he can catch himself; words spilling off his tongue in a moment of forgetfulness. indirectly, he might've given her a clue as to what kind of life he's come from and he bites his tongue a bit too harshly in response to his own lapse.

uh, yeah. yeah, i'll teach you. although, he rather thought there wasn't much to it. perhaps once he'd thought thru all the steps involved: the do's and don't's in the rules of engagement. it was all second nature to him now. so, it's kinda like hunting, i guess. when patrolling you gotta rely on your senses: hearing and smelling, mostly. vision, not so much. your sense of vision can be fooled. easily, too; by shadows, by the flutter of foliage or underbrush, the skirt of leaves or sway of grass. especially if one was a paranoid patroller. and as i, personally, can only see outta one eye i don't rely on it as i once did when patrolling. there were far too many margins for error since the incident.

sense of smell can also be fooled too. if the wind isn't drifting your way it's harder to pick up incoming scents and stale scents might mix with fresh ones to confuse you. it's your hearing you wanna put the most faith in. when you hear footfalls you wanna focus on the gait. you know what small animals sound like: rabbits and the like. footfalls are shorter and much softer. anything worrying is pretty tell-tale; even the stealthiest wolf can be heard and if they want to be found they won't be sneaking up.

as far as handling loners or other pack wolves at the borders or trespassers well... — salvatore pauses here for a moment. how we mercenaries of this lair handle that is largely up to you. this was her show, after all. she called the shots; she was the one that pointed and told him to shoot.
Messages In This Thread
bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 14, 2020, 02:43 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by Bhediya - January 15, 2020, 05:32 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 16, 2020, 04:45 AM
RE: bury the hatchet - by Bhediya - January 16, 2020, 08:34 AM
RE: bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 16, 2020, 11:52 AM
RE: bury the hatchet - by Bhediya - January 16, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 16, 2020, 12:38 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by Bhediya - January 16, 2020, 01:08 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 16, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by Bhediya - January 16, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: bury the hatchet - by RIP Salvatore - January 16, 2020, 04:15 PM