Whitefish River Crystal Clear
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away

After Ira's encounter and demand to go search the cave, Hiero wasted no time to go and do just that. It took him a while to find the cave with which she spoke of, but once his spotted eye caught glimpse of it, he knew this was the place. As the light illuminated the cove, a glimmer caught his eye and quickly he trotted over to the mouth of it, peering in curiously.

Did the quakes cause a cave in? So far so clear, the cave still dipped inward as one would think something of its name would. Still he was apprehensive of going in alone, sight could only go so far in the dark, and sound... well, cats were notoriously good at keeping quiet.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna hadn't been able to check the cavern when she was scouting out the territory, so she decided to do it now. When she got there, she realized she wasn't the first explorer. Inna put on a false air of confidence and grinned. "Hieronymous, right?" 
She had seen the wolf around, but they had never officially met. Inna was always shy meeting new wolves, but she was getting better at talking to them. 

Inna was in awe when she saw the cavern- it was stunning. It was dark, but what little light peeked in shimmered off the walls. The quartz was simply beautiful, and Inna couldn't help but let out a gasp.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hearing her before she approached, Hiero's eyes met the young woman as she approached. At your service! The man said proudly with a wag of his tail, glad that he was getting a little more popular around the pack despite his little adventure away.

As she already began to look around inside, Hiero was right next to her, watching the walls carefully both with awe in his own eyes, as well as a weary eye. Watching the shadows should they begin to creep up on them. The Constable wishes for this cave to be explored and see if it's still useable - if I may borrow your nose, I will watch the shadows for you. It went without saying that he'd have her back too should things get sticky within.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna was glad to hear of the desired task. She would be happy to help check out the cavern with this new wolf. She nodded bashfully and sniffed cautiously before entering. A few bats flurried out of the cave, but she was expecting it by the scent of bat droppings. She couldn't smell any other animals, but she didn't know how stable the ground was. It was so dark, Inna really wished there was some source of light. How else was she supposed to make sure everything was in order?
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Stepping in after the bashful woman, Hiero walked perhaps a little too close to her as they wandered the cave. Who knows what might have called this place home, his worst fear would be a bear of any kind, even two wolves alone wouldn't be able to stand up against anything hat left these bones behind. The flutter of bats filled the air and only very little light was found within, just enough for his eyes to adjust.

Thankfully for Hiero, his other senses were a little sharper from lacking one that a wolf held dearly. His eyes were quick to adjust to the darkness and he spoke to the woman softly to try and ease her own nerves. It's okay, I can see, don't worry. Despite his calm and joking demeanor, Hiero too was nervous. Anything could be lurking, and it was now up to him to make sure his companion left here unharmed should something jump out at them.

And something was. Trailing them in the shadows, lurking and snaking just beyond their line of sight, something was watching them with eyes sharper than Hiero's. Waiting for the right time to pounce.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
She lucked out! https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=21686&pid=426465#pid426465
Inna was glad Hiero could see, she depended completely on her nose. She didn't know what she would do without it. It always told her what she needed to know- where to find prey, where the borders were, who were her packmates and where they had been. It was annoying that right now, all she could smell was bat guano. 

And then the lynx pounced. Inna scented it just in time, and flung herself to the left. Her heart punded as she tried to spot the lynx in the dark. "I can't see it!" She couldn't pinpoint her scent, either. She backed up against the wall so the lynx couldn't come from behind her.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
So did Hiero! posted in the same thread as Inna above!

Trying to keep it light so she could relax too, he trailed the woman closely, keeping his eyes and ears on a swivel as to try and catch anything that might be lingering in the darkness. Luckily for them both (and with some dice luck), they catch scent and sound of the lynx before it could do any major damage. Inna lept to the left, and Hiero lept into action as planned. 

How he hated to battle, but it was either fighting to laying down to the teeth and claws of another predator, putting another's life at risk for his own desire for peace. I can! Stay behind me! he barked in mid growl before lunging to the cat. His teeth snapped at nothing but air, but the cat's own weaponry didn't do much either but a mild scrape.

It felt like a lifetime ago for him to go on the offensive, but finally, the peacekeeper rolled his lips up in a daggered display; hackles raised and ears lowered, it was now or never. The knight was ready to defend. The screams of the now injured feline echoed loudly in the cave.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Sorry, I'm a bit late!
Inna was scared- so scared that she froze, She just- stopped moving. Didn't say a word, didn't run away. She just stood and listened the the battle that was going on around her. She was there, but she wasn't. I have to move. I have to do something. But I can't!
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hiero Health: 12/20
Cat health: 18/20

The knight didn't expect Inna to come in his aid against the feline, though nervous against the thing and all its different tools to fight, he was almost certain this fight would not end well for him. All he had to do was defend and try to keep the feline distracted and move it out of their way to give Inna some room to flee. As there was a momentary pause, he called out once more. Keep an eye out for an opening and get out of here when I have it distracted. He could only hope she heard him.

The moment he finished the feline was on the move again, in an attempt to keep it distracted, Hiero moved as well, intercepting it from getting near the 'easier' target and bit onto the feline's scruff - the thing was unfortunately slippery and his grip was off. The cat flailed and ripped through his skin, and since he couldn't tell the knight kept pushing through, hoping to move the feline just enough to give Inna some space to get away.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna Health: 10
Cat Health: 16
Finally Inna snapped out of it. She wasn't going to be useless. She wanted to help Hieronymous, and so she would. She leaped and dug her teeth into the cat's flank. That's what you were supposed to do in a fight, right? The cat easily shook her off, and with a hiss, ripped out a chunk of Inna's shoulder. She howled in pain and bolted towards the entrance of the cave, hoping the lynx wouldn't give chase. Inna had never been in so much pain. But she could still be useful. She would find the proper plants and herbs for her injury, then bring some back for Hiero.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hiero Health: 10/20
Cat health: 7/20

Both thankful and not of Inna's assistance with the feline, at least with her he managed to get a good bite of the feline's neck. Both Inna and the lynx screamed in pain, filling his ears and fuelling the adrenaline to keep him on his feet despite the blood that pooled from his sides and face. Chomping down on the feline's neck, he managed to keep it in place while Inna finally fled, out of the cave and out of sight, finally leaving Hiero alone with the feline.

With a final scratch laid across his snout, knocking his grip loose enough for the thing to slip away again - but this time, it fled the cave and ran off in some random direction. The knight gave chase and watched as it beelined to the borders and hopefully gone for good. He gave chase to follow the feline to ensure its departure, once happy with its distance from the pack, Hieronymous lowered himself to the ground and sighed.

Tired, he felt tired. Maybe out of shape from years of a passive life, or maybe he had lost more blood than he thought. Either way, he needed some time to rest.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna returned with as many herbs stuffed into her mouth as physically possible. She scented the trail Hiero and the cat made as they left the cave, and followed it to find Hiero laying down. She sat next to him and spat out the herbs. She was ever so grateful Speedy had taught her the basics, so that she could patch both Hiero and herself up before they could get to the actual healer. 
Adrenaline was still pumping through her veins, but she knew it would be long before she was like Hiero- tired and weak. "I-um. I brought some herbs if you're in pain."
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Lazily he was sprawled across the grass. Legs in awkward positions as he stared heavy-lidded into the distance. With a dull movement of his head, he looked up at Inna as she sat next to him, preparing to fix him up. Offering the young lady a smile, he shifted just enough to see her better. No pain, just tired. Not everyone knew he couldn't feel pain, less to pleasure or anything at all. It was less obvious than his lack of smell. So he didn't blame her for not knowing.

Are you? Hurting, he meant. But as he spoke the knight drifted off into a deep slumber, mumbling his words as they barely formed until finally the world not only felt numb to him but was silent.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Last post?
Inna rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say, tough guy." She grinned, but Hiero had not heard her. SHe applied a poultice to stop the bleeding, then took care of herself. Then she settled down next to Hiero, exhausted. Only then did she let herself sleep.
I am a watcher. 
{0/5} {0/5}