A New Beginning (Raven's Joining)
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Raven shouldn't know Ragnar's name since no one has told it to her yet. ;-)

The woman spoke of having a 'resource' that may have been use to him and his and Ragnar lent the woman his ear, only to feel his brow furrow when she spoke of 'reading the moon'. How could one read the moon? Máni was a God, not something that could be read. He barely tolerated his Priestess Wife's desire to become a Naturalist because the trade went against everything that Ragnar believed as a Nordic Pagan. This woman would rub salt in her already opened insults by claiming that she could read one of his Gods, though Ragnar suspected that she wasn't aware that the moon was a god to any Nordic Pagans that resided within the Bay, that was plain to see to the scarred Scandinavian yet still. You cannot read Máni. He is a God chased every night by the great wolf Hati, Ragnar told her simply, shifting his weight, tail rising above his head for a second as a low growl rumbled against the strong column of his throat. I am Pagan. I have no use for your scriptures, Ragnar said the word scriptures, accent causing him to lilt on the wrong sounds, twisting it from betwixt his lips. I asked for a real reason, Of which Ragnar had assumed he wasn't going to receive.

Ragnar's eyes only narrowed when she then apologized to Syver, speaking of disrespect. What was it with all these trespassers disrespecting his subordinates only to supposedly feel remorse for it once they were face to face with their judgment and Ragnar's ire? Ragnar definitely had no patience for wolves who had no respect. It is funny how all are remorseful for the disrespect of my subordinates when they are suddenly face to face with me, Ragnar had always known that he cut an intimidating factor, unaided by the intentional scars that marred his face. Random claw marks to everyone but Floki, himself, and Odinn. Ragnar's lips had parted to speak but Syver interrupted, spitting questions at the woman. All of them echoing most of Ragnar's own. She sounded just like Diluculo of whom Ragnar could say he wasn't sad at all to see abandon Horizon Ridge. It had been no secret that him and that woman hadn't gotten along for similar reasons. At that time Ragnar had been in no position to do much of anything about it but this time he was. He was the Jarl and his word was the law.

He was faced with the pressing question: did he want to allow another like Diluculo within his borders?

You have admitted to trespassing, lying, disrespecting my subordinate and then demanding respect of him as if you have any right, Ragnar spoke after a brief moment of contemplative silence, You have not given my any incentive to take you into my pack, offering me no useful skills, Eyes of Caribbean ice bore harshly into her. Get off of my lands with your life tonight, He drew a breath his face stoic, his tone soft, serious and deadly. And if you ever trespass upon them again I will take your life from you. The Jarl spoke his grim warning before he waited for her to go willingly. And if she did not, then he would force her and she would have to hope that Syver could talk him into restraining himself. He gave one warning and that was all she was going to get from Ragnar Lodbrok.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 19, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 19, 2014, 08:33 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 19, 2014, 08:44 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 19, 2014, 08:56 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 19, 2014, 09:03 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 19, 2014, 09:21 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 19, 2014, 09:35 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 19, 2014, 09:58 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 19, 2014, 10:06 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Ragnar - August 20, 2014, 07:39 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 20, 2014, 08:07 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 20, 2014, 08:13 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Ragnar - August 21, 2014, 06:23 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 21, 2014, 07:39 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 21, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Ragnar - August 22, 2014, 08:01 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 22, 2014, 08:33 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 22, 2014, 04:38 PM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Ragnar - August 23, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Syver - August 23, 2014, 09:10 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Raven Vyler - August 23, 2014, 10:29 AM
RE: A New Beginning (Raven's Joining) - by Ragnar - August 24, 2014, 06:55 AM