The Sentinels come to my arms, my beamish boy!
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
All Welcome 
Dated 6/3. Tags for reference (although you're more than welcome!).

Rain swept the coastline, forcing the party of five to seek shelter. These sparse woods didn't offer much, though they huddled beneath some scraggly shrubs to wait out the rainstorm. It wasn't long before the susurrus sent the weary travelers to sleep, Sugar's head propped protectively over baby "Elwood's" tiny body curled against her chest. He made a fantastic pillow.

When she woke in the evening, the rain had tapered into a light drizzle. Sugar gingerly rose and stretched her aching muscles, plucking the pup from the damp ground and nestling him in beside @Raleska. She sniffed gently at @Stryx and little "Finley," then turned and left their impromptu shelter to answer a pressing call of nature.

After she relieved herself, Sugar decided to stretch her legs and explore a little. She had never seen fire, so she didn't realize this was why the woods looked the way they did. She simply assumed it had something to do with last year's tidal wave. The Sentinels were largely a wreckage, though even in the gloaming, she could see signs of rebirth.

Title from "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll.
Messages In This Thread
come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 02, 2020, 10:35 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 05, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 08, 2020, 09:55 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 09, 2020, 08:40 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 11, 2020, 11:12 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 25, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 30, 2020, 09:43 AM