The Sentinels come to my arms, my beamish boy!
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Neither Merrick nor Ursus rang any bells and the statement itself threw Sugar a little. Who'd called him that? What was the context of this remark? She wanted to ask, though she observed the way he seemed to regret saying the words: the click of his teeth as his lips pressed closed and the shifting of his eyes. Her own lips parted as she hesitated, only for Caligula to speak again, adding some context.

She nodded slowly, not really sure what to make of this information other than to file it away. When he thanked her, Sugar realized she was a little relieved. She could get back to her group now. And though she always liked meeting new people and only wished Caligula well, there was a certain tension to this conversation and she would be lying if she said she didn't want to get away from it.

"I hope I've helped. I'll keep your information in mind," Sugar said, dipping her snout. "I'm sorry but I really have to get back now. Take care of yourself, Caligula." Despite the perhaps abrupt closure to the conversation, she did not immediately disembark. Instead, she lingered, eyes eating into his face, wondering if he'd be all right. But ultimately, it was none of her concern; her priorities lay elsewhere, out there in the dark and rainy wilderness.

Thanks for the thread, feel free to wrap and/or archive!
Messages In This Thread
come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 02, 2020, 10:35 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 05, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 08, 2020, 09:55 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 09, 2020, 08:40 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 11, 2020, 11:12 AM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 25, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: come to my arms, my beamish boy! - by Sugar Glider - June 30, 2020, 09:43 AM