Stone Circle If I could save time in a bottle
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Trade 
...And here I was thinking "incoming drama" meant like...Well, let's just say I certainly wasn't expecting all THAT. <3

With careful paws she pulled the dirt away from the base of the plants, aided without a doubt by the rain that had fallen earlier which made it easier for her to coax the main root bulb out of the ground without tearing it. The smaller roots weren't terribly important, but she was not a wasteful creature so she took time and care to extract as much of the main root structure as possible, before clipping the roots from the stem and setting her prized root bulb aside before moving on to the next plant. 

She'd managed to unearth and separate a few by the time she was discovered, and was greeted with a birdsong voice. Oryx was a timorous creature by nature, and skittishly wheeled around in surprise to cast her startled gaze upon the alabaster sylph who had addressed her. Sheepishly, she dipped her head in an apology, and nodded faintly. She knew she should trust her packmates better and be less reactive, especially given the fact that she lived with a pack. Pack wolves shouldn't have to fear enemies while dwelling within their own territory- but experience had taught her never to be too comfortable, and nature had a way of making sure that all wild creatures, even apex predators, were aware of the fragility of their crown. 

"I am," She peeped. It wasn't necessarily the truth- she had been with the pack for two months now, but she still felt like more of a stranger than an established packmate. "I am Oryx," She said, quietly, and frowned softly as her gaze fell to the valerian roots she had gathered. Greyback had expressed some trepidation when he'd found out that she used plants as a healing aid and she feared that this female might feel the same. There was really no hiding what she'd been doing- with the ground dug up behind her, and a small pile of roots placed neatly in a pile the size of her paw, it was obvious she'd been digging the plants up. "They're...Medicinal," She explained softly, hoping that she wouldn't sound too guilty.
Messages In This Thread
If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 07, 2020, 10:28 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 10, 2020, 05:04 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 14, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 17, 2020, 05:00 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 17, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 02:55 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 03, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 05:55 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 21, 2020, 07:59 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 24, 2020, 06:53 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:06 AM