Stone Circle If I could save time in a bottle
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Arlette. A very pretty name- and she couldn't help but notice its slight similarity to their Matriarch, Valette. She thought she could see a bit of resemblance as well, as they both possessed a finespun form, and a handsome femininity to their faces. Valette was taller, she thought- but there was something about their eye shape that hinted that Arlette was likely one of Valette's daughters. Valette, to Oryx, was a gracious and empathetic leader- so Arlette was extended some of the same respect with which she regarded her mother. She noticed, too, that there was an unmistakeable curve to Arlette's abdomen- and though Oryx knew better than to voice her observation, she nevertheless jumped to the conclusion that part of Arlette's summery glow came from the fact that she was pregnant. 

Oryx's worries were swiftly snuffed when she learned that she wasn't the only one in the pack pursuing a medic trade, and she was coaxed out of her timid nature slightly by Arlette's piqued interest. She was relieved, and offered a slight smile in response. "This is valerian root," She said. "I don't use the rest of the plant...But the roots can be eaten, and are a mild sedative...Can be used to help with insomnia, or to control anxiety." She said. Part of her wondered if Arlette might jump to the conclusion that Oryx was trying to harvest this plant for herself- and a lump rise in her throat. "But it resembles a few other plants that are very harmful," She said, hoping to steer the topic away from becoming personal, and nudged the stalk of the plant, which led up to a cluster of small, light purple flowers. "It looks a bit like cow parsnip...or giant hogsweed...But is more purple, and...Well, you'll know right away if you end up digging one of those two up," She said, with a visible wince.
Messages In This Thread
If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 07, 2020, 10:28 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 10, 2020, 05:04 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 14, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 17, 2020, 05:00 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 17, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 02:55 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 03, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 05:55 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 21, 2020, 07:59 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 24, 2020, 06:53 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:06 AM