Jade Fern Grove But tonight, you will play the tambourine
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
@Surya since the one you made me was already taken, i just made another one. sorry for the wait!

He had followed the scent of rabbit from the river and continued to follow it deep into the forest he was already becoming quite familiar with. He liked it here, and often found excuses to escape to the forest and explore the plants. Sometimes, he would hunt too, but he wasn't the best at that and often got discouraged. That was the case today; he had followed the rabbit scent here but then it got all mixed up in the scents of everything else and he couldn't pick it out anymore. He was disheartened at first, disappointed with himself for being so unskilled at something that should be mostly instinct, or so he assumed; he had at least let that criticism work its way into his brain and make him believe it to be the truth.

Luckily, he had been quickly distracted by the vibrant plant life that seemed to be enjoying the early summer much like he was. He found some pretty flowers near the water and after inspecting their scent, he plucked a few and set them on the ground. Then he lowered himself and proceeded to roll around on the petals. He like smelling like the flowers, so anytime he found some that smelled nice, he picked some off and rolled around in them to transfer the scent to his coat. He was really into the task today. First he dragged one whole side of his body along the ground where the flowers were, and then flipped sides and repeated the move with the other side of his body. After that, he rolled over on his back, and moved his body around somewhat comically. When he was done, he would hopefully smell like the flowers for the rest of the day.
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
no worries -- it's totally fine!

he was becoming quite fond of the grove. it was lush and verdant and seemed to have good hunting. once again, surya pressed through the ferns, slipping onto the leaf-dappled paths he continued to learn. the scent of rabbit hung in the air, and he tracked it—

only to run into a sight he didn't quite expect.

um, he murmured, hanging back and watching the golden wolf roll in the flora. he couldn't resist cracking a smile, though he remained wary; the other might not react as mildly to his presence here. that looks fun? he ventured, raising his brows.

it did look quite fun. the aroma of flowers was intoxicating, and the ground was warm. if this was a new trend, the gilded yearling was its bellwether. surya felt inclined to follow along.
english | hindi
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
At the sound of an unfamiliar voice, the golden boy paused for a few moments before rolling over and righting himself. Petals clung to the fur of his head and neck, some of them fluttering to the ground as he moved. Why was it that handsome guys always caught him in the middle of rolling in flowers? Not that he was really complaining, but he didn't want to look dumb. But as the stranger spoke again, he gave a sheepish smile, his tail thumping against the ground a few times. Oh—it is, he told him, his smile widening and becoming more friendly than embarrassed. 

There are more flowers if you want to join me, he offered boldly-—well, bold for him. He remained where he was and watched the other wolf with curious interest to see if he would accept his offer.
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
surya was not an uptight wolf. he had a youthful sense of pride, sure, but that pride did not exclude a roll in aromatic flowers. it did look fun, and he'd picked up more than his fair share of dirt and mud in his recent travels. he nodded, grinning. i think i will, he remarked.

without further preamble, he stepped forward and promptly flopped down into the patch, sending pollen and bits of blossoms cascading into the air. the yearling let out an explosive sneeze and then began to roll with careless abandon, stretching his spine against the earth.

ah. . .this hit the spot.

he eventually came to rest on his side, looking over (up?) at the other wolf with even more warmth than usual on his face. i'm surya, he introduced himself. he sniffed, and through the flowers came a familiar scent upon the golden yearling, though he could not place it right away. do you live here?
english | hindi
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Pheiros smiled, his expression filled with interest and surprise as the other wolf accepted his invitation; he half expected him to deny because, well, it was kind of odd. But it was something Pheiros enjoyed, and if someone else was willing to give it a try, then by all means. The golden boy watched the stranger roll in the flowers, his gaze appreciative. The other boy was handsome, and it made Pheiros' cheeks warm. It only helped matters that he was willing to roll in the flowers with him.

Pheiros reclined sternally on the ground and just watched, a friendly smile on his face. He would wait for as long as the cute stranger wanted to indulge himself. He was enjoying the view after all.

When he finished, he looked over to Pheiros with a friendly expression, introducing himself as Surya. Pheiros' smile widened and his tail thumped softly against the ground. I'm Pheiros, he offered in return.  He nodded at Surya's next question. Yeah, my pack is called Legion; we live close by in the bypass. He tilted his head in the direction of home as he spoke. What about you?