Lake Rodney I know I used to love him
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Trade 
Looking for a mercenary thread! Maybe a quick fight, hoping to spree

Vanity realised how piss poor her fishing skills were and took some time to visit the big river just outside the territory to practice.
She stood in she shallows, waiting to catch a fish.

A flick of silver, a brush against her legs.
Splash.
he dove onto it, actually catching the slippery mean which was a big surprise to her.
She had no idea what type of fish this was, but tucked in anyway.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
The warmth of summer was slowly closing in, a far departure from the chill he had arrived to the Wilds with. Life with the wolves of Neverwinter Forest was pleasant, but idle, no different than his life at home. The life that he had walked away from to find adventure.

While he enjoyed his time with the Neverwinter wolves — especially Lenny — he found himself itching for scars and marks to come home with, bolding presenting his growth and prowess as a warrior.

He wandered, heading to the lake south of the Valley. He anticipated not being alone there. In the warmth of his own home watering holes were a truce point between tribes and clans, even between species. He was correct, seeing a dark-furred woman splashing in the shallows, then emerging with a fish in maw. He chuffed to her, his tail hung levelly to show his disinterest in the fish.
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman tilted her ears to the chuff, watching the wolf near her.
She stopped eating, licking her lips and stepping over her meal protectively.
Her tail was held just above her hips - she didn't want any shit.

"You're nearing Nightwalker territory, so you know."
He wasn't there yet, but he seemed to be going that way.
She inhaled the air, letting him get closer to her, and started to figure out what scent he held.
Pack.
It was a good job it wasn't the same as Ursus wolves, otherwise, she'd kick his ass there and then, then let his body sink to the bottom of the lake.

"Who're you?" she questioned. It was to be expected to be honest, she wanted to be sure where eh hailed from.
Nightwalker? I didn't realize that this is where they were. he looked around. He tries to think of what that wolf — Santiago — had said about his pack. Haoniyao. I'm from Neverwinter Forest. This woman's pack mate had been jovial, willing to ignore whatever differences their packs had in the past. Would she do the same?
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ah, so he'd heard of them. She wondered who he'd met.
Surely it'd be someone good because he hadn't turned and fled or snarled and started to tear her fur out.
Maybe Valour, maybe Santiago. Perhaps even that boy who likes to play around with Valour.

She nodded in response, "Yeah, them trees behind us. Be warned, don't just wander in because you think we're friends after meeting two of us." She smiled, knowing some wolves were as thick as shit sometimes, and thinking they'd be protected by their 'friend' in the pack.

"I'm Vanity," she replied, tail swaying softly. She was recently in a good mood, considering circumstances. Maybe she just loved the thrill of war.
She wished she was with Venny to see it through.

"Where's Neverwinter then, Hao?" She'd not explored much. The furthest she'd been since joining the Nightwalkers was to erase that pack from near Moonspear, which was successful.
She hoped he didn't mind the nickname.
I am not so foolish, he chuckled. He knew better than that. Even at home, friendship was not enough to break through territory lines. Northeast of here, he said, gesturing back to where his new home was. The nickname was unfamiliar, though he didn't dissuade it. Do you hunt fish a lot?
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He picked up on her good nature, settling her thoughts.
Good.
They'd lost enough children.

Northeast eh? Surely that was where she told that pack to move on?
But it was not the pack, for that one was Courtfall.
She eyed the man with some suspicion. He seemed harmless - but so did she when needed.
She relaxed again to answer his question.

"No I'm crap at it so I thought I should practice," she smirked. Fishing was usually hard.
"Perhaps you can help me practice with a spar? Since I've caught this," she gestured to the fish, "Winner takes it, and to win you must pin the other." She grinned.
It seemed fair and she'd only eaten like, three bites of the fish so it was basically whole.
Good job for practice, he said, admiring the size of the fish. He hadn't put much effort into the trade — his grandmother had been a master at it, but he had never picked it up before. Eh? Spar, huh? he hadn't expected to be sparring over a fish, but stranger things have happened to him before. He smiled. Sure, he stepped back, wondering how well she would fight.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She gave him a light smile.
"I got lucky," she replied. She wasn't trying to be modest, this thing practically sat under her nose for her.
Her ears pressed forward eagerly, waiting for a reply to her invitation.

She was almost surprised at his acceptance. But took it nonetheless.
She let him prepare, then moved to take hold of his leg and topple him quickly.
However, she aimed just too far to the right and slid past him, thinking she saw a flash of teeth in defense she may or may not have imagined.
Rolls:
1d8 for location - rolled 7 = Back limbs (roll 3 for upper limb/thigh, roll 1 for left) 
1d10 for damage - rolled 5 = 5 dmg

Conclusion: 5 dmg (moderate hit), aimed at left back thigh

She lunged forward, but went too far, veering off to the side. Taking the opportunity he saw as she over-reached, he aimed for her back left leg, his teeth clamping into her thigh. He was careful not to bite too hard — this was a spar, after all, so his teeth need not fully slice into her, but her gripped her tightly all the same.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Oh gods.
She'd really hecked up.
Hao's aim was swift and direct, going straight for her exposed rear leg, gripping the curved bone with some force.

However, as she pulled herself up and slowed, she was aligned with his rear.
She turned, shoving him to unbalance him and delivering a bite with the same sort of pressure he used.

Rolls:
1d8 for location - rolled 1 = Face/Head (rolled 1 for face)
1d10 for damage - rolled 1 = 0 dmg / miss

Conclusion: Miss, ultimately aimed at face

They became an ouroboros of sorts, both aligned with the other's hindquarters and taking a bite, though hers was of a greater magnitude than his own. He winced as he felt his flesh being pierced by her teeth. He let go of his hold and turned sharply to the front half of her body — he didn't want to get stuck — but misjudged his next attack, his teeth snapping closed in the air in front of her face.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
I forgot to do this bit lastime lol
Damage 5 to the middle of the tail
Current Health: 15/20
He came snapping for her face.
Expected, but she still flinched away.
She straifed further away from his face, snapping onto his tail with a quick bite.

She probably should have done it, but Vanity was mean and didn't care much about how she caused damage.
He should've been more cautious and kept it tucked out of the way.
Rolls:
1d8 for location - rolled 2 = Throat/Neck (roll 1 for throat)
1d10 for damage - rolled 3 = 3 dmg 
Conclusion: 3 dmg (weak hit), aimed at throat

Current (sparring) health: 3/20

Yao's winced once more, the pain in his tail piercing. There wasn't much of his own flesh to weather the blow, so its sting hit him hard. Briefly distracted by pain and fury he lunged again for her front, his teeth loosely grasping around her throat. He caught himself, not biting hard enough to do much damage.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He swung for her, which was expected.
Perhaps she wanted to provoke him, to get a reaction like this.
For some spice in her life.

His jaws connected with her scruff, slipping off soon. Like a warning.
She counted with a bite of her own to his, gripping his nape and sweeping him to the ground, detaching herself from him as soon as he started to fall.
Lmk if this is ok, only did so to show the end of their spar as per their agreement and his spar health. Can deffo change! <3
He was beaten, he knew that as soon as her jaws brushed the furthest hairs of his neck. He was exhausted, having overexerted himself with attacks that failed to hit hard enough. A part of him was rattled at this, frustrated with his own failure. Not that the stakes were high — he was more interested in the challenge than the prize. He fell to the ground as gracefully as he could manage, letting out a soft gust of air as he landed, slightly winded. He looked up to her and grinned. Nakupa mkono. You fight well. He says, slightly out of breath.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sorry for the wait! We can end on your next post if you want
He let himself down.
Most would flop, but he almost slid to the ground with a grin.
Surprising for a spar with a stranger.

She stood, proud over him, a grin of her own on her face.
"So do you, desconocido​."
She lay down a few paces from him, smoothing down her fur on her forelegs, ruffled and still damp.
She hadn't fought like that for a short while now.

"Where do you plan to go now?" she questioned, wondering if he had another engagement, or if he simply wanted to go home.
No problem! Feel free to tack another post after this one if you'd like

He pulled himself upright, laying on his stomach as he caught his breath. She laid beside him, grooming herself. He shook himself, removing what dust he could from his body. Home perhaps, he said, looking over in the direction of Nightstalker territory. I'm a little too close for comfort, eh? he chuckled. Asante tena he rose, stretching out his sore muscles. This was going to be a fun walk home. Until we meet again? He spoke the words hesitantly, translating as he spoke, before he trotted off, back towards Neverwinter Forest.
CommonKiswahili
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Lmao I forgot about closing this!
"Of course," she replied.
She didn't doubt that they'd meet.

She smiled at his comment, and after he'd set off, she picked up her fish and trotted home too.
Today was a good day.