Sawtooth Spire what immortal hand or eye
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Sugar had never heard of any of the packs Praimfaya named, which wasn't surprising. Not for the first time, she wondered just how many packs roamed these wilds. But she didn't let her thoughts wander long, focusing on the warrior's words. She couldn't help but sympathize with her acquaintance as she talked about visiting her mother's former home. Their situations were fairly different, though Sugar knew her parents' old stomping grounds would always be special to her, even if she couldn't bring herself to live there anymore.

Something about her tale reminded Sugar of that dark, rainy night when she'd run into Caligula. But he'd mentioned wolves to the south of the coast, not near the coastline itself. Sugar's brow furrowed as Praimfaya detailed her accidental trespass and the resulting fight. Her lips pulled into a frown as she deliberated what to make of this information. She was inclined to take her patient's side, of course, but wolves were territorial creatures and some didn't take prisoners when it came to defending their claims.

She opted not to opine too much on the matter, out loud or otherwise. "Well, you can count me as one, if you like. And I'm truly glad you made it out alive," Sugar quipped. She paused, considering. "I will say one thing: there are evidently so many packs around here, I'm surprised any of us can move freely. I'm going to consider what happened to you a cautionary tale and be even more careful when I'm ranging. You can't be too careful, especially when you're traveling alone." That inevitably made her think of her older brother, though she shook the thought from her head.

She drew in a breath and toed the rest of her small meal. "Speaking of which, I think I'll take the rest to go and be on my way. I hope our paths cross again, Praimfaya, but hopefully not because you need emergency medical attention again." A small grin curved her mouth as she gathered the rest of the meat and prepared to retreat, though not before bowing her head and giving Praimfaya a chance to say any closing words.

You're welcome to wrap and/or just pop it in the archives. Thanks for the thread! :)
Messages In This Thread
what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - June 28, 2020, 02:18 PM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by RIP Praimfaya - June 28, 2020, 03:07 PM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - June 28, 2020, 05:24 PM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by RIP Praimfaya - June 30, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - June 30, 2020, 09:34 AM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by RIP Praimfaya - June 30, 2020, 02:06 PM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - June 30, 2020, 06:12 PM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by RIP Praimfaya - July 02, 2020, 04:58 AM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - July 02, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by RIP Praimfaya - July 03, 2020, 05:45 AM
RE: what immortal hand or eye - by Sugar Glider - July 06, 2020, 06:59 PM