Northstar Vale and we're slipping off the course that we prepared
22 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
sated, and with the blood of the hunt washed from her fur, the fire swept sets her sights towards the mountains. she finds a trail across the rock that bears her ever higher, pausing time and again to peer over her shoulder at the view that stretches every further the higher she climbs. 

evening finds her cresting a ridge. the rock falls away before her in a startling suddenness; below stretches a vale tucked neatly between the peaks. it stretches far to the east and west, a parcel of green and blue among the greys and brown rock. auds sweep forward as gaze shifts over the vale. from this height, she might fashion herself a god. it reminds her of the male, and her lips thin. 

and so she begins her descent, sliding down the rock with nimbleness and gradually increasing pace. the floor of the valley rushes to meet her, and in a few moments her paws collide not with rock but the soft push of earth. nares flair, pleased with her discovery. not hers, she notes, and tests the air again. a pack is settled here; an annoyance that earns a flick of her tail. pausing, she reclines onto her haunches and issues a howl for an occupant of this place, not interested in trying her luck in pacing through unaccustomed. 
maybe @Takeshi? otherwise all welcome ^^
delicate in every way but one
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
MY PUPILS FROZEN, EYES LOCKED ON YOU
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The howl from the fringes of the vale caused Takeshi to stretch out his limbs and stand slowly, shaking out his fur and making his way in the direction of the sound. It was not long before he arrived upon a sharpened red woman, who he silently looked up and down as he halted a few yards off. Greetings. What brings you to the Reneian Empire? He called in low tone, flicking tail the only sign of his tired impatience.
22 Posts
Ooc —
the man who comes the greet her carries himself with importance, and though she can not bear the theatrics that is submission, she offers a careful dip of her muzzle all the same. "greetings," she echoes, surveying the impatient flick of his tail. to the point, then. 

"I want passage, though your valley. I did not know of your claim when I descended into it." the name he gives for this place is enough to incite interest, and intrigue presses forward sharpened auds. "do you lead here?" what, exactly, is 'here'? empire suggests a system of rank and prestige almost familiar, and how she longs for what once was.
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She greets him with a dipped muzzle, thankfully quick to disclose her reasons. Passage, eh? If you're looking to move through, I will have to accompany you. Just to be safe, He explained lowly, as if a stranger could cause more trouble than the chaos he already spurred here. Her ears flicked forward upon hearing their claim. I do, He affirmed, chest puffing with slight pride as he continued, I am the emperor here. And my wife, Reiko, is the empress. He explained, seeing no harm in sharing her details as well. Slight smile traced his features, awaiting what words she might have next.
22 Posts
Ooc —
to his accompaniment, she agrees with a dip of her muzzle. "my thanks," she offers, knowing he could have just as easily refused and forced her back up the way she'd come. his chest swells with pride, demeanor shifting slightly. gaze moves up and down him once; noting the appeal just as he mentioned a wife. well, then. relationships could always fracture, she supposed. "ah," she notes, "your reiko is a fortunate woman, then." 

curiousity spikes; if the man in the park had offered something foreign and freeing, this place tastes of something familiar. falling into step besides the man, she queries, "how is it to live under your rule, emporer?" the structure of her words, the lilt of her voice, suggests something foreign.
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She offered her thanks, and then... honeyed gaze was looking him up and down, and that comment? A smirk twisted his lip upward, and gaze narrowed devilishly. Relationships fractured easily with Takeshi, considering he was always doing things that made Reiko angry- including flirting with other women. Well, he wasn't about to quit anytime soon. Fortunate, hmm? Maybe you could find fortune, too, He murmured vaguely, though the implication was as clear as day. 

As she joined him at his side, inquiring of what it was like here, he began at a medium trot, though let her guide the direction if she had a particular location. I rule carefully. I value loyalty, and those who cannot respect leadership face harsh consequence. It was his honest truth, evidenced by all he had done since his promotion. But those who prove themselves loyal will find a safe and delightful home here, and I think it is a lovely one, too. He mused, motioning his muzzle in a wide sweep to the breathtaking scenery of the valley.
22 Posts
Ooc —
lips turn up at the corners, golden gaze meeting blue a moment. he is hardly subtle, and nor is she made coy. together, they make toward the center of the valley. he is honest, or so it seems, his words appearing sincere as he outlines the way of life here. in some ways, it is the opposite of what she claimed to want from donovan. and yet, it is all the more intriguing, familiar, and here lies a treasure for which she might hunt. 

a sweeping motion of the valley, and she follows the line of his motion. a sound of agreement, and then, "it seems an alluring one, life beneath your reign." nonchalant, and yet her words are selected with not without lack of care. "and this place is well protected, is it not?" she says with a motion to the mountains that rise all around. the grotto had not been, not that that mattered, at the end.
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Not everyone agrees, He sighs with a thoughtful shake of his head, There are many men who wish to steal my crown. Some of them aren't grateful for what I've given them. He shrugs his shoulders, quiet then. If they wanted to rebel, let them fall to their knees- he was not afraid to do to more men what he'd done to Yuudai. Let them kill themselves off and form a harem from this place- the emperor would certainly enjoy it. 

At her comment that it was well protected, he nodded, before pausing. For the most part, yes. Of course we still have the occasional trouble... but mostly, nothing threatening can find its way into here without being intercepted by knights. If anything, evil things had already rooted themselves in the valley, blending in among the pack. 

Might I ask your name, darling? He questioned, the flirtatious touch at the end practically slipping out unintended.
22 Posts
Ooc —
strife within the court is revealed, and she muses aloud, "surely they will learn to be," she offers, and then, "sometimes, one must be taught." gratefulness for one's standing, one's place, was sometimes something that needed learning, and what better way to drive a lesson home than with a show of something worse? 

to his next answer, a contemplative sound. tongue slips neatly over her lips as he probed for her name, and when she gives it this time, it comes naturally; almost as if it was always hers, waiting for her to claim it. "I am artemis," comes her answer, "and yours, emporer?" 

a beat, in which she contemplates the information he's offered, what this place might offer her. her muzzle curves into a smile. "should I wish to seek my fortunes here, under your reign; could I find a rank within your empire?" here lie the scents of many wolves; she wonders if this man would make room for another. the fire-swept set golden gaze to his a moment, soft auds sweeping toward him in query.
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Sometimes, one must be taught. Takeshi hummed an agreement with a little nod, thinking these bastards of the empire could learn something from this little firecracker. Artemis, He repeats, testing the lovely syllables on his tongue. I am Takeshi. He introduces in turn, polite smile turning into something more of a friendly grin. A moment, and then she inquires after a place in their empire. Tail wags slightly behind him as they walk, Certainly, Artemis. Takeshi purrs. For a typical joiner he might request information of trades, skills. But this girl feels right beside him, he likes the way she talks- and does not wish to create any more hurdles for her then necessary.

So, you will stay with us, then? A final check, to ensure.
22 Posts
Ooc —
a grin to match his own, complete now with a name. takeshi. and then the vale becomes more than a place she must bridge, and the fire-swept confirms the shift with a slowing of her step; there is no further need to reach the rocky inclines rising in the distance. "I will." 

an empire. starkly different to what she had been offered only a day ago; and yet she finds herself decisive. "I hope I can repay your kindness, my emporer," offers the woman, a flick of her tail-tip accentuating the words that takeshi is free to interpret however he will.
thank you for the thread! ^^ should we fade soon?
god knows we like
archaic kinds of fun
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
yes, we can fade here : )

She affirms she will join them, coming to a slower step. Ah, welcome then. White tail wags behind him as she offers that she might repay him- of course his mind trails to the darker and more perverted ways in which she might please him with favors. But he wipes the thoughts away for now, attempting a show of being a good leader- dipping his head momentarily in a short bow of acknowledgement, a bump of his shoulder against hers to pass on the scent of the empire, and then he was off to continue his rounds of the borders unless stopped.