The Bracken Woods There will come a poet,
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Private 
Célnes didn't explore the past week, as she had been in thought, and today she sought out her siblings, @Cenric and @Fréobearnn. They had no signs of @Kendrick, not a look, not a smell, and barely any of the High Elk. She had not found any family, but met a few wolves, and discovered there was packs nearby. So, the elken woman came to a decision she wished to discuss.

"We should settle in a nearby pack to recuperate our injuries better, and to rest up and wait for Kendrick." While they were better, the burn marks on herself was still prominant, and their younger sister was now missing a tail, "there is two I vaguely know where they are."

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
31 Posts
Ooc — nami
fréobearn understood her sister’s reasoning, but couldn’t help feel some offense. was she alone not enough? her experience might not have been extensive, but surely, she knew enough about medicine to tend célnes and cenric’s relatively minor wounds. and if they joined one of these packs, there could be no guarantee that their leader would allow the travel needed to find kendrick — unless she was proposing that they pause the search altogether?

her displeasure was clear in expression and tone, though fréo tried to remain calm. where are these packs, then? do you know anything about them? she didn’t want to settle just anywhere, or amongst just anyone; longing for the king elk’s presence was too strong to be helped by the laypeople.
snowforest taiga · closed for threads (0/5)
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"They're both south," she started, "I don't know their exact locations, but I smelled them nearby, and met a few of their wolves." Célnes had not been still, as she often went out of the forest to scout out the surroundments. The thought of finding a temporary group held onto her thoughts for a few days, even during the first time they arrived.. But she didn't want to.

The elken woman wanted her family most of all, and even any signs of the High Elk if possible. She could see his Apostles, which was good enough sign all-together, but nothing inkling toward him, with the thousand antlers. They needed to move, but they needed to stay for the family, for anyone to arrive.. Injuries were also not small.

The Déorwine looked her sister clear in the eyes toward her displeasure, "You may be upset," she started, "but it's for you as well. For your own health, and perhaps a chance to get a teacher, that we no longer can get." 

Their homeland, was gone. Any culture they had, was left with them. Any teachers, were gone, and the only information they could now pass, was what they currently learned. Everything, was limited.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric was a bit late to the conversation. He was only able to catch the tail end of his sister’s explanation.

A teacher? The man stepped into view with his chin held high. Now that he was healing up he felt the need to fall back into his usual elegant posture. What’s all this about then?
31 Posts
Ooc — nami
it’s not- fréobearn stopped herself from continuing, having noticed her brother’s approach. an annoyed look was turned to célnes before she went on to explain, she thinks that we should settle in one of the local packs. surely, cenric would disagree?
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I'm suggesting we should temporary locate into a nearby pack." Célnes re-explained to her brother, while an irritated Fréo loomed over. There was a sigh that wanted to follow but she refrained, keeping her coolness on talking to the two. 

The elken woman figured her sister would be against it, but she could never fully read her brother, "it'll help us recuperate while we look for Kendrick, and get to know the land better." She had been scouting out, however refrained from going too far. It'd be comforting knowing her siblings were in hands of other packs while she went further out.

Maybe more family had scattered around these wilds.

"Since, we can no longer return to our homeland."

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric’s knee jerk reaction to the proposal was disgust, though the change in his features were subtle. His eyes narrowed and his mouth twisted ever so slightly. 

Sharing land with a group of complete strangers well... it wasn’t ideal to say the least. The Déorwine’s had always kept to their own kind and he’d prefer to keep it that way. But he’d be a fool to deny the idea wasn’t good on paper. They needed their strength to search for their kin, what better way to build that up than seeking refuge in an established pack? That didn’t make him loath the idea any less.

Cenric turned his head and closed his eyes. If that’s the best course of action then so be it, he replied coolly. This wouldn’t be something he’d fight his sister over. It’s a pointless argument.
31 Posts
Ooc — nami
exit freo!

fine. fréobearn wouldn’t argue against both of them, not without kendrick’s aid. i’ll go, but don’t expect much. she would give these laypeople basic courtesy, as was her duty, but nothing more. 

the group having made their decision, fréo’s passive-aggressive tantrum began. so, when do we leave? she asked, tone mocking and sharp, i want to look my best for the outsiders, and maybe i’ll bring them a gift! let’s hope the high elk doesn’t strike me down for it.

frustrated, she stomped back toward her growing herb cache, where she would begin wrapping her collection in nearby fern leaves and spider webs to make carrying them easier.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
It wasn't ideal, to group within those they don't know.  She knew one way or another, even if he disliked the very idea, Cenric would agree. She always saw her brother as a calm man, who knew logic over much of the bias that came with their name. Freo, however, was a ball of fire despite the doe-like features she carried.

Célnes could only shake her head with a calm smile, "In a few days."

with that, their decision was final.