Whitebark Stream He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord,
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
All Welcome 
The trio successfully were given rights to be on their land without a flaw. Stable ground to them, for now they had a guarded place to return to upon their different searches for family, or anyone associated with the Déorwine name. Though she could tell it would be a struggle, as many were not up to the High Elk's regard.

Many of her family were quite against those without the same differences, she can remember the treatment given to Whitney, the witch of the land. Her white pelt becoming an eyesore and wariness amongst the elders, and those with absolute obediency to the High Elk. She had to admit with her own wariness, but at the same time she never prosecuted them with extreme lengths like the others. There was simple avoidance. 

Célnes had her own reasonings.

For now, she bid her siblings a small farwell, as she used to do upon her explorations. Though of course, she said words of reassurance to @Fréobearnn, that it was all within the Whitebark Stream. To better understand the land, and it's plentiful streams. It was far more welcoming then the bracken woods, though the aspen trees were not of home, and she only shook her head at them.

It was a plentiful place- but not somewhere the High Elk would live.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Toshi made a beeline through whitebark. He was on the hunt for those weird looking birds once again. Ever since the baby-throwin’ lady told him how delicious they were he made it his mission to catch one for himself.

As he was running he spotted someone strolling around. At first he thought it was his mother, but he knew he was wrong when he got closer.

HEYA LADY! Toshi skidded to a halt just before colliding into her. Whew! What a workout! He had to catch his breath before he spoke again.

You look bored. You should help me catch something yummy!
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
The streams were plentiful of creatures within, it was definitely a suitable place for any wolves to settle. Fresh, drinking water throughout their territory with an abundancy of food was a delicacy, and she wondered how peaceful they've had it. Kingslend was similiar in it tranquility, as dominating a large forest, there wasn't many neighbors to attack them from. The High Elk blessed such a place- and she only wished to find the next one he had graced.

The elken woman was bent over the stream, a calm, but solemn look as she was memorizing the land. Though disrupted, which gave a rise to a short smile as an energetic child came bursting forward with a 'hey lady!' She ignored rash introuction with perfection, and got up to look down at the grayscale wolf.

"What is 'yummy' here?" She questioned, fishing for more info.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Oh! Well uhhhh.. Shoot? What were those freaky looking things called again? Now that he thought about it, Ms. Baby Yeeter never told him what they were. 

I actually don’t know what they’re called. No need to pull some name out of his ass. That wouldn’t help anyone. They’re like the little songbirds but bigger. N’ uglier. N’ they make these weird noises like this— Toshi proceeded to make the most ungodly honking noises he could.

—but they’re real tasty! Er, I think. I never had one myself.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
[Image: dcn3chr-41c94044-0a2f-4a8b-a78c-73c92303...7S_5COkti8]

She blinked at the child who started to make ungodly noises to indicate what he meant. The demonstration he provided didn't give much to thought, but she did take note of the description, which was easier to form an idea then of his.. Noise. Célnes chuckled, as she eloquently smiled at Toshi, "Do you mean a Goose?"

"Yes, they are quite a delicacy." The elken woman felt nostalgia remembering them at her homeland, and was pleasantly surprised to find out they were at the stream too.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Hmmm. I dunno! Probably! She could’ve called them anything and he’d probably agree. He really didn’t know their formal name. All he knew is that they were annoying and potentially delicious, and that’s all he needed. Looked like Ms. Lady agreed too!

Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go! He skipped back a few feet before looking over his shoulder. They always hang around the stream by my den.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Alright." She wasn't particullary against following him, but wasn't sure if it really was but a simple goose. She only gave her assumption, while following to his den by the river. She would think it wouldn't be very smart to be so close toward water, especially with heavy downpour, but she suppose the river-wolves had a different way of life, then of Déorwine's who were more forest-liking.

"Lead the way."

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
He bounded off as soon as she gave the word. Off to the stream they go! Finally, he had a chance to get his teeth on these weird looking birds. They better be just as good as everyone hyped them up to be.

Toshi didn’t slow down until they reached the spot. All of the geese were there, just as he expected. Either they hadn’t seen the wolves yet or they just didn’t care, because none of them made a fuss.

Look, look, look! He dramatically pointed at the birds like she didn’t see them already. There they are. Just sitting there. Ready to be chomped on. Oh man, his mouth was watering already.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
They were geese.

She followed the child toward a river, where a flock of geese laid claim. He pointed at them with such an ethusiam striven by his hunger. She only smiled in amusement, "you know how to hunt?" Célnes asked. She didn't mind fetching forward, but wondered what are the teachings Whitebark wolves give to their young.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Can I hunt? Can I hunt? Cue the long, hardy laugh. Then he deflated. Nah. Toshi didn’t have the energy to lie right now. Besides, what good what that do them?

That’s why you’re gonna teach me, right?
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
He was an amusing one, Célnes raised a brow and chuckled, "well, I suppose I can." She wasn't one of a mentor, but didn't hurt to try and help him so. She wondered where his folks were, and if they were properly teaching. At a young age, the Deorwine would be introduced to hunting, perhaps not officially going, but the aspects it would take.

"You must bend low," the elken woman demonstrated, her body centered nearly to the floor, but her stomach just hovering, "it's best to be downwind. Wherever the wind may be, be with it, not against, your scent can be smelled."

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Hell yeah, class is in session! He’ll be the best goose hunter in the wilds before you know it.

It was hard to be pumped and listen to directions at the same time. Her instructions practically went in one ear and out the other. Who knows if he’d remember during his next hunt? Only time will tell.

At least he got the crouching part right. Stay downwind. Gotcha.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Think like your a lion," cougars in general were one of the best hunters she thought. They held such precision in their movements, and stalked in the background without many knowing. It was hard to find them, unless the winds let you, "a mighty creature." She needed to remember as well, this was a child. Teaching children was such an.. Antagonizing task, with their limited attention span- but now she is in it.

She moved southern, down the river where all the geese. Célnes looked to Toshi, and told him to 'stay put,' and 'watch,' before catching. She was a bit hungry, and perhaps due to that haste in a feast, caused the mistake. Stalking closer, her pumpkin eyes glared at the biggest, and juiciest of them all. Pouncing, she charged at him with full force, and the flock of birds flew.

She managed to grab him by the leg during mid-flight, but instead he continued to peck and peck, and unfortunatly, the Deorwine let go, not wishing to loose an eye. A sigh with a pitiful smile.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
What the hell’s a lion? Sounds cool and mysterious, but not something he should think about too long. It’s geese hunting time! He’d have to ask questions later.

Toshi wasn’t as still as he probably should’ve been. He fidgeted in place as she stalked her prey, and when she leaped so did he. Yeah, yeah! Get ‘em lady! 

She was doing a damn good job. Caught the bird in midair and everything! But something went wrong somehow, and she was forced to let go. It was no bother to Toshi. Watching that little fight made him forget about his hunger.

That was awesome! He jumped from his spot and skipped into a water. I can’t believe you managed to snatch that thing while it was flying. Man, I wanna do that too!
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"You should work on smaller ones," the Deorwine advised, "geese are especially aggressive. If I did not pull out, I would've lost an eye." She would have to return eventually, as geese were a delicacy she didn't want to pass up. It was a shame that the hunt ended in failure, otherwise they could feast.

"If you know another area, we can try again," Célnes suggested.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Awww common I ain’t afraid of the big ones! I can take ‘em! Toshi wasn’t about to let those dumb birds get the best of him. He was a master hunter in the making after all.

Hmmm... this is the only spot I know. Maybe they flew off to a different part of the stream?
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
maybe another thread for second hunt?

"You'll be there one day, but not today." The Deorwine did not want to be responsible if he got injured, and especially an angry mother upon her head. It wouldn't make a good impression toward the Whitebark Wolves.

"Lead the way." Unfamiliar with the area, Célnes would not know where they would fly to.

61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
yes plz!

Fiiiiiiiiine. He wouldn’t fight any birds today, even though he’d totally win. Oh well, he’d get one another time.

Toshi would gladly lead the way. He leaped forward and trotted along the stream.