Phoenix Maplewood saw what i’d done, he set up a nest outside
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
set on 8/3
@Calhoun

Cenric spent a few days wandering the wilds in search of his sibling. It was a fruitless mission. There was no sign of Kendrick, nor any other Déorwine. It was as though the High Elk was punishing him for some kind of crime. Still he prayed as he walked through the woods.

Give me a sign a High Elk. Just one little sign. That’s all he asked of their god. I must find Kendrick. Dead or alive.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
Rain. It was cold and soaked his pelt, not to mention the weight that slowed him more than the burns along his body. What now? Cal could only grumble as his thoughts ran rampant through his head. It was inevitable, every land needed rain, but the timing couldn't be worse. The Déorwine was still unaware of how much ground he needed to cover to reach the sacred land his God had settled in and until he was certain he walked the right path, muddied paws would push him forward.

Luckily, it seemed the High Elk had smiled upon him. Calhoun had let his guard down as he trudged, but a voice nearby was clear enough for him to be pulled from his thoughts. Red eyes scanned the surrounding brush as he came to a stop. Hello? He was certain, someone else was here, Cal was far too sane to be hearing things even in a time of need. After a short pause he'd raise his voice once more, Who lingers?
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
At first he believed one of the Whitebark wolves were calling out to him. This forest was adjacent to the streams. Perhaps one of them was out for a stroll. 

The second call proved his theory false. That was no stranger’s voice. It was too familiar. Cenric trotted towards the sound and stopped when he saw a familiar brown pelt.

It’s Osmond’s boy. Not his brother, but a cousin. He was glad to see him nonetheless.

It’s me Calhoun, he replied, I see you escaped the fire as well. That’s good.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
Cenric stepped forth and Calhoun couldn't be more relieved. Another member of his family, and one he actually got along with. He snorted a grin spreading across his maw, It will take more than raining fire for the High Elk to strike me down. It's good to see you made it too. Who else survived? Given the weather, he loathed to think that the witch might have survived. Maybe a flood would carry her away for good. I ran into your sister earlier. She mentioned Kendrick is missing, and changes in that?

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He grinned, which was a rare occurrence these days. And your spirit is still in tact I see. At least one of their’s was. The past few weeks have not been kind to him.

Calhoun reuniting with his sister wasn’t much of a shock to him. He was very close to where they were staying. For a moment he wondered if his cousin had slipped into the ranks while he was away.

He’s still missing as far as I know. I was just out searching for him. No signs anywhere. Hopefully something would show up in the days to come.

Has my sister told you about the pack we’re staying in?
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
But of course After all, if he allowed his spirits to fall then that would mean giving in. He had faith in the High Elk, he would lead them to where they belong. Even Kendrick, wherever he might be, would eventually be guided back. I'm sure he will turn up. The High Elk guides us to where we need to be. If that means a different path for Kendrick then it was not meant to be now. He truly believed that, though a look of bewilderment would quickly spread across his features.

They had joined another pack? One not guided by the High Elk? A boisterous laugh escaped the male as he pressed his paw to his face, That's funny. Surely you're kidding though. Settling for anything lesser than the High Elk is preposterous. Nor did Fréobearn mention it so he was being played for sure. Right?

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric did not doubt his cousin. The High Elk would lead him home someday, whether it be tomorrow or years from now. That is if he survived.

Calhoun’s denial was no surprise to him. He’d laugh to if the roles were reversed. I am not thrilled about the decision. Célnes suggested we stay with them until our wounds heal. He chuckled. Fréobearn was very vocal about her disapproval.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so it was Célnes' will. That makes more sense, never would he have expected Cenric to join some pathetic pack for the hell of it nor permanently, but knowing Célnes she too did not intend to be there forever. I suppose there's some merit to that, though do we not have our own healers to seek out? If Célnes was so focused on hunting down her brother she should be just as interested in the rest of the Déorwine's whereabouts.

Of course, there was just a piece of him acting hypocritically as he too mentioned to Brewster about finding a healer, be it Déorwine or other. The only difference was in the end he never went through with his actions. I pray the High Elk does not smite you for your betrayal. You should present an offering to prove your loyalty. You and your siblings have been faithful thus far, I'm sure there's room for forgiveness if you act. 

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Fréobearn is a healer, but she’s not as skilled as Whitebark’s medic, according to Célnes. She said she could learn from them. Saying that aloud made him laugh. His sister may not be a master, but she knew enough to get by. She didn’t need to be taught now, especially from a lowly outsider.

Célnes’ decision wasn’t the best, but he doubted it result with them being shunned by their god. They did not honor the leader nor the land he claimed. They were merely using it for their own benefit. Still, he nodded his head to please Calhoun. We’ll be sure to shower Him in gifts as soon as we can.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
Amazing how one's faith could fall so quickly. Calhoun had no reason to not trust Célnes, though it seemed as if her faith had diminished since the fire. If he had to pick, Cal would still pick a Déorwine over someone else any day. Did she now? A thought nagged the back of his mind, next time he saw Célnes he might need to give her an ear full to restore her faith in the High Elk.

I'm glad at least one of you has a head on their shoulders. I wouldn't be too concerned, the High Elk can be very forgiving, but I personally wouldn't risk angering him, you know? Especially now...he still wasn't sure if the fire was invoked through wrath or if they had simply been abandoned, left to a test where only the strongest would survive. These are hard times, but the Déorwine will prosper again.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He nodded again. We grow stronger by the day. I’m sure we’ll be departing soon. If they didn’t leave on their own accord, there was a chance the storm would drive them out. There were so many waterways that cut through the land. If the rain stayed like this for much longer, it’d be flooded. Either way, they would prosper.

Where will you go now? I doubt you’d want to come stay with us.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
The hunter couldn't help but quirk a brow at the news of his cousins' departure. He didn't expect them to leave so soon, though he must remind himself they too shared the same goal: Find the High Elk. Join your little escape? No. A small smile found its way upon his maw, I'll continue to follow the High Elk of course, until it finds a suitable home.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He laughed. I thought you might say something like that. In that case, I wish you luck. We’ll be joining the search soon.

Cenric bowed his head before returning to the path towards Whitebark. May the High Elk guide us all.
closed for threads