Two Rivers Isle Made me into something new
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded and smiled at his quiet thank you, although it was not necessary for him to thank her for that. 

His next words made a thoughtful look spread across her face. She really did think she was the source of all his stress. Of course, she knew there were other variables too, but at the heart of it all was the fact that she needed him. She had survived on her own, but just barely, and not well at all. She had no doubts that he would be perfectly fine on his own, and she worried that he knew all of that as well and felt obligated to stay with her and keep her safe. And maybe that wasn't the only reason he was here with her, but she felt like it might be a big part of why. His next words, as well as the stern tone, pulled her from the negative spiral of her thoughts. He tried to steer the conversation to other things, but she didn't answer his questions at first. Instead she was going to bring the conversation back to what he had said before. Effie swallowed and looked at him worriedly. She wasn't used to speaking about her thoughts and feelings with others; that's not how she was raised to be—quiet and agreeable at all times. So this was difficult for her. Still, she felt safe with Rye and was surprised to realize that she very much wanted to start offering him more of what went on inside her head—at least some of it. I know, she said softly. She wanted to apologize for apologizing so much, but that wouldn't be heeding his suggestion. I just— she paused and swallowed again, very much out of her comfort zone. I just feel like I'm the reason things are so difficult for us and I don't want you to feel obligated to stay with me. There, it was out. Her heart raced and she watched his expression closely to see how he would take what she said. 

She would answer his questions in a minute, although mostly because she didn't want him to worry about her so much.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Made me into something new - by Effie - August 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 14, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - August 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 02, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 09, 2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 15, 2020, 11:30 PM