Barrow Fields staring in the eyes of my poor soul
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
Eleuthera made light of the encounter, which had the dual effect of both soothing the ruddy traveler and rubbing him the wrong way. Part of him wanted to laugh it off with her, because it was ridiculous to listen to the words of such a young, foolish creature. But at the same time, he was sure she'd said things she couldn't have known; things about him, and Nine, and about Eleuthera herself.

Well, no, he said at length, after sharing an uncertain chuckle with the young woman. She... well. She told me my fortune.

See? How ridiculous was that? Saying the words aloud made him doubt her all over again, and the male was ever more certain he'd been had by the young huckster. He turned an easier smile on his cohort, giving a few flicks of his sopping wet tail.

She didn't say nothin' about stayin' in one place, he added, but in reality, he wasn't quite sure. He couldn't remember all the details; only the ones that had played on his biggest fears.

I am gonna have to go back one of these days, he reminded her, his voice a little gentler. But that don't hafta mean nothin'. Ain't like I won't be back t'visit.
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
Messages In This Thread
staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Kincaid - August 04, 2020, 11:28 PM
RE: staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Eleuthera - August 05, 2020, 06:08 PM
RE: staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Kincaid - August 05, 2020, 10:22 PM
RE: staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Eleuthera - August 06, 2020, 11:19 PM
RE: staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Kincaid - August 23, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: staring in the eyes of my poor soul - by Eleuthera - August 25, 2020, 02:47 AM