Nova Peak you are my fantasy
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 
set for whenever makes sense. @ the bitcurrent

Star walked alongside the small river with her daughter, moving at a slow pace in order to ensure she did not tire the girl too much. The stream wound across stone, through small canopies of trees, and beyond to some place she could not see past the ledges of earth and stone. A cold place always, frost's icy breath was upon the low grasses. 

@Marble was a good listener, and so Star murmured, This stream will be a good place to fish, I think. I can see myself spending a lot of time here...
55 Posts
Ooc — mutton
There was so much to take in. This place was unfamiliar, so mapping out everything was a necessity. That was a hard task when you were trying to stay close to your mother too. Marble would stop every so often to stare at the scenery, but darted forward as soon as there was a foot-long gap between the two. She’d just have to look around later.

The silence was broken by Mother. She mentioned fish. That’s one word Marble did not know the meaning of. She trotted up to Star’s side and looked up questioningly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Marble seemed to find wonder in their new surroundings; this made Star satisfied. She had worried that a change from their original home would be scary and daunting for the young ones- but in Star's mind, this new place held greater opportunities than the spire. 

Marble glanced up to her with a question in her gaze, and Star blinked, realizing the word that was probably confusing her. Fish- it's something that lives in water. Star explained, and paused their walking. Here, maybe I can catch one and show you- start a cache too. Marble probably didn't know the word cache either, but that was less important at this age, where all the girl had to do was wait for her mother or someone else to bring home food. 

The matron leaned over the stream to watch at the surface of the flowing water for one of the aquatic creatures. Though it was not particularly deep here, one paw was angled slightly in front of her daughter, wishing to keep her from getting too interested and falling in.
55 Posts
Ooc — mutton
There were creatures living in the water? But how could that be? Marble peered at the water’s surface, expecting to see some mythical animal burst up then and there. What did they look like? She imagined them having similar features to wolves like them. The thought made her gasp. Maybe they could live in the water too.

She didn’t know what a cache was, but she knew what it meant to catch something. Marble looked up at her mother with an excited glint in her eye.

When Star loomed over the stream Marble copied her. She would’ve fell over the edge if it weren’t for the barricade. The girl rested on her haunches as she watched her mother do the job.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
See, this was what Star was good at. Picking the prettiest rock from the earth? No can do. But the simplicity of hunting drew her, and thus she was entranced in her task. She could feel Marble practically leaning against the fence of her limb, but Star was determined to keep her daughter safe.

Meanwhile a flit of red in the water rushed by, and her second arm shot out quick as lightning, snapping the little creature up in one fluid motion. THUD, as she slapped the wiggling body onto the earth beside her. Sometimes they wiggled for some extra moments while bleeding out, but Star was sure to keep their suffering short. She turned away from her daughter, delicately snapping the creature's neck (spine, ribs? fish anatomy wasn't something she particularly understood-) and lifted the fish in her jaws, plopping it onto the ground before Marble with a playful glint in her gaze.