Gilded Bay i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
All Welcome 
67F, heavy rain, 5pm. all welcome :) loosely written for hunting but feel free to derail!

with the daylight beginning to wane, the howl of the storm unchanged, yunxu pulls himself, dripping, from the sea.

the rain takes its place; hammers his fur tight against his body, highlighting the angles of ribs and lean swimmer’s muscle. it has not stopped raining in days. the ocean has nearly caught him more than once, but it will take more than wind and waves to drown a creature of the water.

his limbs ache with the beginnings of exhaustion. much as he wants to obey, there will be time to sleep later.

the winds are calmer here, banked by the sharp rise of the cliff. the late afternoon sun is muted by cloud cover and rain. yunxu stalks along the shore's edge, predator's gaze locked on the small gathering of seals under the rocks, as trapped as he is by the gale.

he still has his duty, even here, so far from home’s shores. there are many places left to search. but it has been a long time since he’s hunted, and swimming through a storm is hungry work.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay - by Yunxu - August 06, 2020, 06:00 PM