Stavanger Bay i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
<3

but owlglass is not here. the bay is quiet and even calm, after the wind and storms of the last few days. the sky is darkening. he should find shelter – to sleep, to give his shoulder time to heal, before he can consider the journey. perhaps it might even stop raining.

a voice rises up behind him.

the young shark turns, eyes and face blank. perfectly still. except – after a moment's space to process – it is not english, but mandarin.

yunxu blinks. she comes hurtling out of the rain towards him, and recognition rises instantly at the sight of her sandy fur, her bright seaglass eyes.

his tail wags. though his wounds slow him to an awkward limp, yunxu strides eagerly towards his sister, ignoring the stinging ache that follows. “aimi,” he says, stretching to affectionately bump his muzzle against her shoulder. “it’s good to see you. i wasn't aware you’d left too.”

he isn’t surprised. she was never one for the rules. much as it pains him, she wouldn’t be his sister any other way.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves - by Yunxu - August 10, 2020, 02:00 PM