Stavanger Bay i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
the affection feels odd. he doesn’t receive it often, and he gives it rarer still – but he has missed his siblings. he has missed aimi’s cheerfulness. he has missed having someone to converse with in more than clipped and awkward english.

“have you finally gotten tired of the rules?” there is a wry amusement in his voice, but it is still fond. the little otter was always more aggravating for their parents than he himself, but they did not have the same expectations of him.

before he can phrase further questions, she pulls away, gasping. a momentary bolt of panic goes through him at the sight of the scarlet staining her fur, but –

of course. his shoulder.

the young shark smiles sheepishly.

“oh, that was just…a disagreement?” he hopes the flimsy deflection will be enough, and doubts it will be.

海龙泻湖 had order, structure. rules to follow. rules yunxu knew well. he ran on them like a machine and (with the exclusion of aimi, perhaps) so did everyone else. when things happened, it was always away. on the borders, far up the coast, with those who did not belong in the lagoon.

he is not always…worried by it, like he should be. but he does not want to worry her.

“i’ve met some others here,” he says, an unsubtle attempt to lead the conversation elsewhere. “i hope you’re better at english than i am.”
sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves - by Yunxu - August 10, 2020, 09:41 PM