Stavanger Bay i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
the little otter is smaller than he is – a feat, considering his stature – but yunxu feels unsettlingly like he’s being lectured by his parents as she stands in front of him, eyes narrowed.

“well, i. wasn’t?” it comes out a question again, but he shrinks under her unamused seaglass stare. “i’m sorry,” he says. “i’ll be more careful.”

he doesn’t want it to be a lie. he enjoys the current state of his shoulder about as much as aimi enjoys the reminder of their family, mockingly imitating their parents’ words as she trudges along the beach. if anyone else had done it, yunxu would have had things to say, but aimi is…

irrepressible. that's the word.

he isn’t the one expected to stay polite and quiet. aimi would never have lasted in an arranged marriage, and yunxu can’t blame her.

the young shark limps after her as she scans the beach, sliding his tooth over his lip until the sting mutes the ache of his shoulder. dunegrass rustles around his legs. “are you looking for something? i could help.”
sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves - by Yunxu - August 11, 2020, 11:29 PM