Stavanger Bay i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
yunxu hardly has the time to rest – they are both lone wolves in a strange place, and there’s no one else to provide for them. not that his own injury isn’t his own fault, or that he shouldn't have known better.

and he does harbor what he thinks is probably a healthy doubt of aimi’s medical skills. but considering her preference for causing fights that sent her to the healers instead of following the rules she probably knows more than he does. not that it matters; at her suggestion, he is moving downshore to the sea before the thought has even finished crossing his mind.

elbow-deep, the young shark folds awkwardly into the water until it comes up to lap over his shoulder. he isn’t foolish enough to walk in to his neck with his injury and the weather. the salt stings, but it is nothing to actual teeth. he keeps his mouth shut, sucking in a sharp breath through his nose as fresh pain sears up and down his leg.

when he comes back up the beach he is still limping heavily, spots of fresh blood beading over the toothmarks, though he’s corralled his expression and his breath is back to even. he stops several feet from her and, very reluctantly, sits himself down on the wet sand, already dreading what a pain it will be to clean.

“i…know you came here to leave 海龙泻湖 behind,” he says, after a long pause spent watching the sea otter continue her search for cobwebs, only refraining from any assistance with the knowledge that she won’t welcome his intervention. “but i was told our sister is here.”
sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was raised by the water, by the crippling waves - by Yunxu - August 15, 2020, 10:47 PM