Porcupine Ridge when we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic
water to wine and the finest of sands
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
Private 
@Astraeus, gonna also tag @Buzzard @Vulture <3
little PP here to get this set up, lmk if you need any changes! we'll be (attempting to) steal from npcs so feel free to set parts of the scene up however you want, otherwise i will introduce things in my next post!

condor's plan had seemed so perfect in the moment, but he was just running into snag after snag. the latest one: even assuming there was a pack that wanted this thing, in order to trade the child back to his home he had to be alive. so they had to feed him, which meant condor was being forced to do even more work for the nebulous promise of a future windfall. it was all thoroughly infuriating. he was not one for delayed gratification.

but he'd made his mistakes, and much as he loathed it, condor was stuck with the little brat for the foreseeable future. so the least he could do was make himself of use.

if there was one thing condor knew about wolves, it was that they fell all over themselves for sad-looking children. thus the plan. this one in particular had so little going on in his head condor almost felt bad for him, so surely it would garner a little pity from someone also missing their common sense. someone like buzzard, for instance. at the very least, they'd be too busy laughing to pay the proper scavengers any attention.

and luckily, these mountains were just packed full of idiots waiting to be robbed. he'd crossed nearly a dozen scent trails in the past few days alone, which was all for the better; if someone didn't fall for their tricks, it would be no trouble to pick out another target. 

in pursuit of both a meal and perhaps making the child less insufferable, condor set out, keeping an eye on the boy in case now was the time a neuron might finally fire and send him fleeing over the ridge. a plunge to the valley floor below might spare him the headache, but while condor was quite fond of the delightful coyote reputation for eating children, in practice, it didn't hold up to the ideal. too bony for his liking, and this spindly little thing still growing into its proper size wasn't about to change that.

"i hope you can surprise me here, darling," condor said. "this is very delicate work. luckily for you, the only thing you have to do is keep your mouth shut and look pathetic." he shot a quick glance over his shoulder. "see, you're just about there already."

Messages In This Thread
when we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic - by Condor - September 08, 2020, 09:48 PM