Firefly Glen I know that I'm rich enough for pride
I just drowned in a warm dream
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!

The ebony male allowed her to come closer, and so she did -- cautiously -- and approached his side with slow, dainty steps. Izumi accepted his offer to lead them both to a stream and with a nod, signaled him to lead the way. The she-wolf was already a tall woman as is, but kept her head and neck lowered to make herself appear smaller out of respect; after all, these were the outskirts of Antares' home. Her extended stay here was a privilege, not a right.

As they began making their way towards the thin body of water, her lavender gaze couldn't help but wander off to observe her surroundings. Fireflies lit up the world around her within the moon's gleam -- it was a sight for any to behold. For a moment, Fuji felt herself getting lost in its beauty and felt at peace. The heart which was gripped by sadness was temporarily forgotten and replaced by nature's cradling arms.

After a while however, the dark sire broke the silence with his deep voice and Izumi, who'd been distracted, snapped her head back towards him with a "hm?" In response. 

'So are you trying to head home eventually? Or are you still looking for something?'

Looking for something; or more accurately, someone.

There was someone she was looking for, but they were found already -- albeit not in the way Izumi was hoping to find them. After that, her search for Chiharu, Aika and Hikari soon ceased as well -- the emotional strain of the situation making her scared to find out if her sisters had been caught up in a situation much similar. Her lips opened to respond back, but Antares follow-up question silenced her first.

"Or do you need to be lost right now?"

Izumi's gaze reached Antares again and caught his thin smirk. 'Ha, you could practically kill a girl with a mischievous look like that.' she thought humorously and would've returned the small grin if it weren't for Izumi being....well, Izumi. Either way, the young crane would respond to his question exactly. "You can say that....better yet, I'd like to disappear from world entirely if gods would allow me that much..." Her expression was calm and cool, as it usually was, but her voice seemed to change pitch while it laced itself with unpleasant emotions. The crane would not breakdown, especially not in front of a stranger -- she had more dignity than that -- but in her brilliant amythest orbs held all the emotion that was never shown in her face. 

Those fiery eyes then turned to Antares before she talked. She figured it was less awkward sharing these types of things with a stranger rather than a familiar face. "The day before departure from pack, I found my kin's body close by. And..." she paused and looked down momentarily before continuing, images of his distressed, glassy eyes staring back at her. Soulless; dead. "I was shaken because I search for him for so long--" along with the others, but her sisters were kept out of this for now. Izu didn't want to think about them. "--I couldn't return to Court in state I was in, so I...left...."

The Tale Weaver
Messages In This Thread
I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 22, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 06:10 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 23, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 26, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 29, 2020, 12:39 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 01, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 02, 2020, 12:49 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 25, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 29, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - November 20, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - November 21, 2020, 02:40 AM