Cricket Creek Bog Time heals all wounds
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
Bit of trek, approximately 40 miles but I could be wrong since I'm on mobile and can't accurately measure the distance but I did research and wolves on average travel 30 miles a day (48 km). Trying to keep the semi realistic rule in mind! Lmk if I need to change anything! 

@Effie and Ryes' travels began as the sun barely crested the horizon, a heavenly orangey, yellow, pink glow blessed the lands beneath their feet. A breeze no stronger than an ant wafted between the trees and the pairs accustomed fur. Early morning dew soaked into the pads and hair between Ryes feet, cold temperatures had him vigorously shaking the wet out of sensitive feet. Healing from old wounds, especially of the feet, was always particularly hard for the male, his body never keen on healing too quickly. It made him feel old and poorly built, but the extra recovery time wasn't without its merits. Clouds, rain and stronger winds came to ruin the beauty of the early morning, with no sign of letting up Rye pushed on with Effie, he didn't wish to travel under such conditions but he didn't want to be without protection, food and shelter for much longer either. The lesser evil chosen was indeed lesser. 

As they approached the bog the river was lively and teeming with amphibious and fowl life, both creatures hunting in the newly expanded river. Rain brought forth life but also death in a weird life sustaining cycle. With the rain down to a fine mist late afternoon, Rye took the opportunity to relax underneath a lone tree, taking a moment to contemplate their next move. His knowledge of the area had run out, but the bog had an essence of familiarity, however it was easier to catch a fly than to nail down what made it familiar. Although soon Ryes' mind turned to Effie, he glanced over to her, wondering what was in her mind. What she was thinking. The trip to the bog wasn't entirely silent but quiet contemplative thoughts was the only filler the last few hours. There was still so much mystic to her and Rye ventured to find out. 

"Effie" He either shouted or spoke quietly depending on her distance from him, "I've got a question for you." Rye wasn't sure she would be willing to answer his future questions, as much as he wanted his curiosity sated, he wouldn't push her into a corner.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 14, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 14, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 15, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 03, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - November 11, 2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 17, 2020, 01:36 AM