Bonesplinter Ravine when we find ourselves back at the start
9 Posts
Ooc — Mel
It seemed as though her newfound company was far from an unfortunate beast, his form slowly melding into the familiar shapes of that of a wolf. His voice only confirmed it and despite herself a gentle laugh followed. “A fine morning for gathering indeed.” The gods had surely made this quite the meeting place, hadn’t they? It was probably something near poetic, to meet upon a pile of the dead. It brought a faint smile to her maw as she padded ever so closer. Not enough to come face to face with the stranger but enough so that she could now make out his coat at the very least. Curious. Curious. 

White?

She chanced a quick glance up to his eyes, a fiery orange. She only gave his face but a glance, her eyes instinctively shooting to the ground once more. Skulls. Skulls. This wolf was too white furred to be Kingslend was he not? This wasn’t land that they would chase her from was it? The thought nearly made her laugh, to be chased through such a dreary atmosphere. Could a wolf as thick headed as the one she’d met prior even have the agility to avoid such dangerous terrain? Would they have labeled her a thief for taking skulls? Were skulls property? She hummed softly as she bussied herself with her own thoughts, some song she had heard somewhere. Where, she could no longer remember. 

Beautiful specter.

She froze, going as silent as the very bodies near her. 

Beautiful?

She raised a brow, curious to see if perhaps she had been wrong and this male was merely poking fun at her…The lack of a toothy grin or anything else to indicate his words were far from genuine confused her but she smiled weakly regardless. “You needn’t lie or give false compliments to a stranger.” Her words were detached, a mere afterthought. She turned away from the wolf, eyes once more on the precious belongings on the floor, If it truly is of any interest to you, however, I am on the hunt for a skull or two, maybe more. Of what creature, that I have yet to figure out. Though, it would likely be of something light enough to carry a great distance, you see - ? ” She looked up, gazing at the stony outcroppings above her, had he told her his name at any point? None came to mind. None at all.

She shook her head quickly, going back to her task, “I’m not from around here.” Not that she meant this ravine of course. This was no place for a wolf such as herself. Not when she had Akai not when Kingslend lived nearby. Curiosity returned again. A deadly thing. A dangerous thing. “If I may, what brings you here? Perhaps, I can be of some assistance as, if it doesn’t bother you, I plan on staying until I find what I am looking for.” There had been some meat back in the other direction, rancid most likely, but one could never truly be picky, could they? She would have taken a bite for herself had she not known Akai likely had prey waiting for her back home.

Messages In This Thread
when we find ourselves back at the start - by Knox - October 23, 2020, 11:20 AM
RE: when we find ourselves back at the start - by Minah - October 25, 2020, 12:30 AM
RE: when we find ourselves back at the start - by Knox - October 27, 2020, 07:51 AM
RE: when we find ourselves back at the start - by Minah - October 28, 2020, 04:59 AM
RE: when we find ourselves back at the start - by Knox - October 28, 2020, 08:36 AM
RE: when we find ourselves back at the start - by Minah - November 05, 2020, 07:02 PM