Sun Mote Copse I've never been what I know I should be oh,
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
It had definitely been difficult for Mintaka to stay in one place. She loved her family, really, more than anything, but the world was so big and there was so much to see that wasn't on the mountain, and sometimes she just wanted to go right then and there and see it all. But she'd been good, and had stayed in the territory after that one excursion that led to her meeting Almight, and now she was being rewarded with a trip all the way to see more of her family. 

At first, she'd been a little suspicious. Out of everybody, Mintaka was probably the one who deserved to go on a trip the least. Mira and Caelum and Altair were always better behaved, fit in better. Minty was the odd piece out. But Hydra had been serious in her offer, and they'd gone on their way. 

It was a long walk, and sometimes it made her feet hurt, but Mintaka hadn't complained even once. This was the best thing ever, and she appreciated it more than her mother would probably ever know. 

Coming up on the border was exciting - she could feel her heart pounding in her ribcage as the scent markings got stronger. Don't cross them, Hydra said, and Mintaka understood that. It would be disrespectful. Her ear flicked when Hydra nipped at it, and she wrinkled her nose with a smile. "I can call her?" she asked, tail swishing back and forth and ears angled forward.

She'd never called someone at the borders before! This was probably the best thing ever, in the history of all things that had ever happened. Mintaka shifted her feet and forced herself to sit still before tipping her head back and letting out a clear, long howl, beckoning her relatives to the borders.
Messages In This Thread
I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 28, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Mintaka - October 28, 2020, 09:02 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 30, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Mintaka - November 07, 2020, 08:36 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - November 09, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - December 06, 2020, 10:43 PM