Kintla Flatlands i hear your voice glide through the cracks
8 Posts
Ooc — Silverfang
ᚠᚨᚹᚾᚨ​

Her steps eventually come to a halt; Nyssa had come near her to investigate the surrounding area, and it was only when rest came into the conversation that Fawna figured that that was the best next course of action here. No matter how much her curiosity pulled at the outlands of fields upon fields, new experiences and smells and sights, she knew the moonlit dark could only offer so much help in such an endeavor.

A grateful smile is cast to Nyssa for suggesting the idea, and her body is tilting, turning back toward where Robin was disappearing into the trees and brush further in. "It is a good idea... We can figure out where we are exactly in the morning." Her nose twitched in thought, but gave it no other thought as she turned her head to meet Nyssa's eyes again before continuing on. Robin had set to looking for a place to rest while Fawna looked further off in the circumference of their surroundings, if only to scan and make sure their general area was free of anything but the leaves, bushes, trees, and brush that made the outskirts of the plains ahead.

It isn't long in following Robin that she slows with a silent yawn, "I smell wolves, but I think it's distant. Or maybe it's us. But, I don't think anyone's passed through here for a while at least. A night's sleep shouldn't hurt us. Hopefully." It's clear she's not completely certain in her thoughts or evidence. As they all knew in some capacity or other, things could change on a dime in a loner's life. It was smart not to weigh in  opportunities or assumptions with too much certainty; luck would either be on your side or not. When her paws eventually find the makings of soft earth, padded by moss or other kinds of vegetation of the forest, she's finally comfortable in slowing to a stop. Briefly, slowly, she cranes her head down to sniff at the earth delicately, before stating her opinion on it. "Maybe here? The ground's soft enough..."

In time, the three settled, Fawna personally taking up her own small spot in the brush. Curled up among the greenery, she almost looks like a tiny fawn; nose tucked under her tail and her body snuggly wrapped in a ball. It doesn't take long for her world to go black and for her mind to send her carefree dreams.
- - -

The sun had risen over the plains and was creeping up between the trees in a pink-to-yellow dawn when Fawna begins to stir again. Blinking hard against the encroaching light, her head tilts up and she stretches in her place upon the ground. Rising, stretching her limbs and shaking some of the sleep away from her groggy state, her eyes naturally find the area around her to see if her companions were there; awake or still asleep. Regardless of what she finds, she'd offer a warm smile to both before directing her attention to the sun-bathed plains ahead, better seen now in the daylight as Nyssa had expected the night before. Wistfully, her eyes scan the area slowly, taking a seat facing the flatlands to appreciate the sights. At her side, her tailtip taps against the earth in a way which suggested how much she appreciated what she was looking at. "Beautiful..." Her chest full, a gentle sigh leaves slightly parted lips and, like water off a goose's back, she could feel her sleepiness ebb away and off of her at the prospect of being able to venture further today; nearly as giddy as a newborn fawn, or a pup seeing the world with open eyes for the very first time.
(powerplay allowed in assuming the group sleeps here <3)
Messages In This Thread
i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 10:24 AM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Robyn - December 31, 2020, 01:47 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Robyn - December 31, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: i hear your voice glide through the cracks - by Fawna - December 31, 2020, 05:46 PM