Neverwinter Forest i was packing my things,
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
The loss of two of her sons has left Aibreann in a state of constant anxiety, hypervigilant and locked into overdrive as a caregiver. Her remaining children are never allowed out of sight for long; even through the worst of her grief, she entertains no unrealistic thoughts of setting off to search for her wayward children. She has no intentions of allowing @Nuala or Ciarán to share their brothers' fate by being an absent mother.
In her paranoia, she's taken to obsessing over the smallest incidents more often than not. She recognizes the behavior for what it is, and she tries to keep it hidden — but some days it spills over. Like today. The call had interrupted her fixation on the scrape on Nuala's foreleg several minutes ago, but she'd made no move to leave. Ultimately, the only thing that pulls her away from her daughter is the realization that her son is no longer in sight. Ciarán's absence draws her toward the source of the call, half following his scent until the pair comes into view. She recognizes this woman, if only by scent; this is the woman she'd hidden herself away to avoid. Huā.
She's finding more reasons to regret that decision now. Her first thought, cruelly, is that she hadn't expected her to be so beautiful, so confident in her bearing — if only because Mal has never been quite polished enough to compare. He's always been eye catching, and certainly attractive, but he seems to fall just short of striking. Huā passes it by miles. The midwife is silent as she halts her approach, eyes averting briefly to collect herself. Hello, She glances to Ciarán as if only just remembering his existence. It's the first time she's been able to focus on anything aside from her children in weeks — and there's a hint of shame in the realization. Ciarán — I left Nuala near my den. Why don't you go keep her company?
Thankfully, he takes the suggestion well, and departs to do as she'd asked. Which leaves her alone with those enchanting blue eyes. She manages a faint smile. You must be Huā. It's a pleasure to finally meet you.
Messages In This Thread
i was packing my things, - by Huā - January 03, 2021, 10:12 PM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Ciarán - January 10, 2021, 11:20 PM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Huā - January 10, 2021, 11:29 PM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Ciarán - January 11, 2021, 12:11 AM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Huā - January 12, 2021, 10:15 AM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Ciarán - January 15, 2021, 12:28 AM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Aibreann - January 16, 2021, 08:10 PM
RE: i was packing my things, - by Huā - January 17, 2021, 12:43 AM