Firefly Glen Should I call right away?
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Have a soft Keyni. <3

Winter had not been kind to the wolves of Firefly Glen, or to their kin in Moonspear. It had been savage and bitter, tearing away their souls with icy claws. Theirs was a pack in tatters. In mourning, struggling to pick up the pieces. The loss of Osiris and Leta, of Keres and Toad Amelia, and so many others, hit them hard. 

All because of one demonized god forsaken bear! A bear that had refused to go down the first time. A bear that she, in both battles, had been absent to face. Her pale jaw clenched tight in disgust. She thought that maybe, just maybe if she could have made it, she would have made a difference. But that long day had found her at the opposite edge of the territory, doing border rounds. She remembered how she ran when she heard the howls. How her legs seared with fire, the distance between her and the battefield seeming to grow despite each stride.

If there was anything she disliked most, it was feeling helpless. That was exactly how she felt that day, all the way up until now. It almost made her sick, wanting to retch. Tense and on high alert, the tundrian could almost always be found not far from the borders. Keeping a suspicious eye out for anything that didn't seem right. Practically daring any other bear out there waiting to come charging in after them. 

Lo and behold, there was a stranger by their doorstep. Not a bear or another rival predator. Nor a trespassing wolf. But a child. Pitiful and nearly frozen to her bones with crusting her paws and tears staining her cheeks. Nearing, Keyni's tense facial features softened. Sniffing, she could find no traces of other wolves that might have once clung to her fur. Approaching with a soft step and a lowering of her head, she called to her. "Dear child, how long have you been out in this weather? You should be holed up somewhere safe. You are already practically frozen." She said, not condescending, but with concern. Loosely using her larger body to embrace her, Keyni offered shelter from the whipping wind. Tipping her head back, she called for any Glen wolf who was in earshot.
Messages In This Thread
Should I call right away? - by Ravaryn - January 15, 2021, 03:52 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Keyni - January 15, 2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Ravaryn - January 16, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Antares - January 17, 2021, 01:33 AM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Keyni - January 20, 2021, 10:58 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Ravaryn - January 21, 2021, 04:25 AM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Antares - January 21, 2021, 09:41 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Keyni - January 21, 2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Ravaryn - January 22, 2021, 08:31 AM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Antares - January 27, 2021, 01:59 AM
RE: Should I call right away? - by Keyni - January 27, 2021, 06:38 PM