Ouroboros Spine iii. out of this home
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
OHHH I GOT IT. I didn't have "Number lock" on so the ALT code (when you hold down the ALT key and then punch in a number combination to get symbols or accented letters) for the ó was also a key to refresh the page. For anyone else wondering- the ó is ALT 0243  and the ë is ALT 0235 :D SO HAPPY. I love names with accents!

As soon as he realized that he'd misunderstood her, his ears dropped slightly and turned back. He wished he was better at this- and this was the second time (soon to be third) where he'd basically asked for her to explain herself, whether it was what she was doing, or clarifying what her poetic words meant. He'd have to try and take things a bit less literally with her, maybe, something he hoped would come with time. Fortunately, she was gracious enough to take his obliviousness in stride and explain what she meant to him. She even seemed amused that he'd interpreted what she'd said literally, as though for some reason, she only had one night to get her den dug. It was a ridiculous notion, and his own features warmed when he saw her laugh. "Ah, I see," He said with a nod. 

He followed at her gentle request, as she led him around to observe the boulder that made up a part of the structure for her home. He stepped back so he could see her intended canvas a bit more easily, and would have to agree- she had a lot to work with. He was quiet as she explained that this was something passed down through generations- leading him to believe that she likely had strong family ties and values. The way she spoke made him believe that she was quite serious about painting, and had a good deal of experience in doing it. This wasn't simply someone who was experimenting, though it seemed as though she was willing to try different methods and get her paws dirty in doing so. 

While he wasn't entirely certain he could picture exactly what sort of design could be made using paws and dyes, he understood the basic mechanics of it. Having little experience with the arts made him realize there were parts of life and existence that he definitely had not spent the time to contemplate or understand- and while this all seemed quite new to him, Lótë made the topic very interesting. While he wasn't exactly capable of imagining the visual aspect of a finished product, he did comprehend how colours could be made with a variety of sources. That aspect of painting intrigued him greatly. He wasn't sure he was artistic enough to envision a painting, or that he had the coordination to create something marvellous- but colours? Colours he could do. 

"Fascinating." He breathed. Simply looking up at the boulder- a surface he hoped she might fill with brushes of expression, was almost overwhelming. "I have seen earth the colour of sunset," He said. "And trees charred black from fire...Ashes and charcoal," He mused, softly. Perhaps those could be useful? He didn't want to force her hand in allowing him to make suggestions- but he couldn't help himself. This was exciting new territory, and he was enthralled. "I could find you...Colours...If I find them, I can bring them here?" He offered. "You wouldn't have to use them if you don't like them....Or if they don't work, of course," He added- as he didn't want her to feel obligated to accept his offer for help. Perhaps this was something she preferred doing alone, after all. So he shrugged, not wanting to intrude into her practices. "If you'd like that at all."
Messages In This Thread
iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 03:59 AM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 02:27 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 06:53 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 07:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 28, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 02, 2021, 04:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 02, 2021, 08:02 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 03, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 04, 2021, 12:59 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 04, 2021, 04:46 PM