Ouroboros Spine iii. out of this home
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
A tribe. A different word for a pack- but it was not the first time he had met someone who had come from a culture that used different words for similar concepts. Perhaps Lótë had come from wolves who had a distinct interest in the arts, the way other packs were stepped in religion or other forms of tradition. He had his own lore, of course, but he kept it very close to his heart. Lótë, however, seemed very willing to share hers with him and he graciously accepted the knowledge she was offering. 

It turned out that his suggestions weren't new, which was slightly disappointing- but he felt certain that he could potentially find something that she might use, that she had never seen before. She gave him a means to excuse himself from helping her out- and he considered dashing that aside and promising her that he would put effort into helping her as well...But it seemed like it might be all the more meaningful to her, perhaps, if he agreed, and surprised her later on, when she was least expecting it. Little gestures like that had always been appreciated in his homelands. "I do hunt a lot." He said, as he gazed back at the deer's haunch. He'd intended to take that to Kukutux. But the meat was still partially frozen- so it was in no danger of spoiling. "But I will see," He said. Of course, he now intended to go looking for things that could be made into paint- but he's rather leave her expecting very little from him, so he could surpass her expectations. 

She offered, then, to teach him how to mix paints, and he lifted his chin a touch. That was very kind of her. He did see this as a trade that was more likely to be practiced by women- which was at least in part why he'd probably felt so strange in spending time learning about it...But at the same time- his family was nowhere to be found, and they wouldn't be able to catch him dabbling in the arts rather than being a guardian or hunter. "I...Yes, Please," He said, and dipped his head. "Thank you, I would...I would enjoy that."
Messages In This Thread
iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 03:59 AM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 02:27 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 26, 2021, 06:53 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - February 26, 2021, 07:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - February 28, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 02, 2021, 04:12 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 02, 2021, 08:02 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 03, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Adrastus - March 04, 2021, 12:59 PM
RE: iii. out of this home - by Lótë - March 04, 2021, 04:46 PM