Ouroboros Spine crawled out of the sea
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
When Raimo redirected the conversation to Lótë, he looked to her, pleased to know that she too had been tracking the prey which called their mountain range home. How pleasantly coincidental it would have been for the fawn-furred painter to have chosen the same herd to track as he, though she dismissed the possibility soon enough. He hardly batted an ear when Raimo confessed that he would have had confidence in her judgement of which animal to choose. If Lótë had been tracking this herd, he too would have been interested to seek her judgement. He understood hunting to be a team effort- and did not see, at first, that this was possibly a bid Raimo made to show that he had no confidence or intention in Adrastus. 

Lótë's suggestion, however, that he be the one to choose the target made him smile momentarily. He nodded, and would have spoken but Raimo cut in first. 

He was inclined to hear Raimo out when he gave his opinion, with the same consideration he had give Lótë, though it made him frown to hear that he thought that the smallest and youngest of them should be the one to make the killing blow. He inhaled, and cast a glance to the young dove who was quick to point out her assets and point out the weakness in the plan Raimo suggested. It made no sense to Adrastus, either.

But he did not want to belittle a man he was counting on having as a part of the hunt. "I appreciate your suggestions...But I think we would be wise to use our assets in the way that suits each wolf best." It was the kindest way he could think of, in the moment, to advise Raimo not to toss a role at a wolf who physically did not fit the general requirements or experience needed for that role. He wasn't sure how to feel about the statement that women were not to make the killing blow- but he was still learning the ways of this pack. That left him with the conclusion that Lótë and Sialuk would be best as chasers. 

"If we skirt around the foothills of that slope there, we can select our target once we are closer. With four of us...There are two animals I can think of, but we might notice something different as we get closer." He was willing to decide the target as a group, once they were close enough to see the herd in detail. Had only one or two others shown up, the target would likely have been different. "We can then fan out. I will need one to go to the inlet there, beyond the herd; I would rely on your stealth to cut past them without notice, and your stamina to spook the herd and drive it along the lake. Two of you would guide the herd, flank it, and keep the goats from heading up the slope and drive them toward me." He said. "Speak for the roles you feel you would best fulfill," He said, then. After all- this was their first hunt together- and he knew the wolves would know their own strengths better than he would know them, and would allow his packmates to speak for themselves.
Messages In This Thread
crawled out of the sea - by Adrastus - March 04, 2021, 03:45 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Sialuk - March 06, 2021, 02:16 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Adrastus - March 06, 2021, 07:02 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Lótë - March 16, 2021, 07:52 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Sialuk - March 16, 2021, 08:35 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 08:55 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 10:07 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Lótë - March 21, 2021, 06:55 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Sialuk - March 23, 2021, 07:23 PM
RE: crawled out of the sea - by Adrastus - March 23, 2021, 08:55 PM