Duskfire Glacier if we are always the same
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
All Welcome 
@Tzila perhaps? Assumed they very loosely know of each other, but can edit if wanted! <3

She trailed along borders that day. Refreshing her scent with the others, making sure there were no places that might invite a wayward rogue to infiltrate with ill intentions. She was aware that she was not naturally equipped to handle such a situation should it arise, but she could help out with the preventative measures.

Should something happen while she was out here alone? Well...she could call upon the others. Wintersbane, Rye perhaps.

That thought was paused as she thought she spotted someone up ahead. A familiar (-ish, perhaps they were one of the recruits she had not been introduced to yet) figure up ahead. Iana would let out a soft, light whuff to greet them. Perhaps they could pair up for the afternoon.
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Assuming they know each other by name and sight is fine! <3

Tzila was also out on patrol. Skimming along the borders of their new claim. It was a task she was well used to tending. Having been in multiple packs already during her time in the Wilds, she was far from lax when it came to keeping a tight watch over her territory. Marking along key points, she left her chemical signature behind, as well as leftover strands of fur that had snagged free from her coat. All unmistakable signals that the Glacier was claimed and any encroachers would be met with hostility.

Tail high over her back in a display of her own confidence, indulged in the task, she scraped at the ground underfoot, kicking back and spreading her scent further. Bending down to take a sniff, her muzzle wrinkled at the traces of canine scent, several days old. Coyote. She rumbled her displeasure, looking ahead to scan the area suspiciously. Instead of finding any trace of the lesser canid, a more friendly call came to her ears. The earth and light sand female she recognized as Iana, but only ever spotted in passing. Standing a fraction taller, with a wave of her tail, Tzila returned the greeting in a soft call, inviting her closer.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
Ah, it was Tzila.

Iana did not know much of this one and she was eager to learn. So she was glad she was welcomed in return. Her tail maintained a steady, slow pace behind her. Hello, She hummed fondly with a soft smile. I hope I wasn't interrupting? A slight tilt of her head as she looked around. Perhaps somebody else was nearby. Something else.

She was not horribly familiar with the specifics of a border patrol.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"Afternoon, Iana." A sliver of a smile traced her dark lips. Her tail slowed in the steady beat in the air, but her posture remained open and accepting. "Not at all." She quipped assuredly. "I was making my rounds, and in fact, I wouldn't mind an extra nose assisting me." She angled her dark head towards the deeper recesses of the tree line. The slight backing of her ears showed her mild displeasure. "We have a guest hanging around a little too close for comfort. An adolescent coyote."

She inched forward with more deliberation in her step, to creep in amongst the trees. Not far in, there would be evidence of her claim. Paw prints in the mud, considerably smaller than their own. Traces of buff fur tufts snagged on rough bark. And the fresh scent that only could ever be identified as a coyote.

"He has been coming around daily. Thinks he might get an easy meal here." She turned her head to eye Iana from the side. "We may be small in number, but an established pack needs to send a clear message to any looters." Back in the day, in the long gone Nightwalkers, making examples of coyotes through brutality was a daily occasion. But now, Tzila was not quite the same woman. "Together we can track him down, push him further out. Then he may get the idea."
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
Coyotes, another pest upon their land it seemed. She remembered not so long ago when she had had to destroy fox den's with Wintersbane and mark the lands heavily to warn them well.

She took in all the sights of its presence. The tufted fur on bark and the smaller prints in the mud.

Tzila took charge though and, truthfully, Iana was grateful for it. Happy to follow along with the woman's plans. Of course. Ready to make their move should the fiery woman have meant to do it now.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila stepped further into the maze of tree lined ground, even beyond their own borders. A few yards made little difference to her. The coyote was still too close for comfort. Leading the way, with her inky head directed down, nose skimming for traces of the stronger lures of it's scent, she had not completely ignored the smaller Iana.

"Have you much experience with guarding?" She inquired. There was no criticism or skepticism in her voice. Just genuine interest, a want to know of where her heart was most content. Where her talent truly shone. Tracks in the mud still imprinted fresh, leading the pair on in a path that looped far around, and then back, closer to the borders again. Seemed the young animal was trying to be sneaky. He had little chance against a seasoned wolf such as herself.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
I have tagged along sometimes. She admitted softly. I do not think I am experienced enough to do well by myself. She could mark borders just fine, sure, but actual guarding was a bit above her skills. She preferred to tend to those who did such guarding.

Her own eyes traced the tracks that both coyote and Tzila left, content to trail after the latter's own placements.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"Hmm." She pursed her lips, humming thoughtfully. She had suspected that Iana did not have much practice in guarding, and was proven correct. "I have accumulated plenty of experience during my time in the Teekon." She offered, handing out a clue that she was not at all new to this wilderness. But she chose not to specify the exact way in which her skill was acquired. At least, not unless asked. Tzila paused long enough to glance back at Iana, an invitation in her eyes. "If you are interested, I will show you some techniques. Personally, I feel that every wolf in a pack should know the basics, in case of an emergency."
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
It would come as no surprise to hear of Tzila's experience. Only if because the woman seemed to slide into the role of a guardian very well already.

I would like that very much. Honest, with a warm smile. It would not hurt Iana to learn the ways of a guardian. Perhaps we could hold a group lesson sometime. A bit of humor in her voice but mainly genuine. She imagined the warriors among them would have more to share with the bunch of medics that had made the glacier home.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"That's an excellent idea. When the weather warms, together we will summon the pack to gauge interest. I will pass it by Wintersbane also, of course." While it was beneficial to have practiced medics and healers in any pack, it would do little good if even they did not know how to defend themselves. The coming months would bring new life to the Glacier. Lives that needed to be defended at any cost. 

A flash of tawny fur draped over a scrawny figure appeared in the distance, just over the gentle slope of a hill. Their target. "I won't lie to you Iana. My past is a checkered one. It did give me much of my experience." She said softly, but matter of factly. A gentle warning to the reveal of the slightly darker side Tzila unleashed when dealing with thieves. With scum. Her dark ears flattened, expression hardening with her sights set coldly on the coyote. In a flash of black and crimson, she was barreling of after it, threatening bark-growls erupting from her jaws.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
She might have pressed for details on what sort of past it was that Tzila had, but soon the charred woman was in motion. Growls and sharp motions.

Iana could only find it in her to follow suit. A sharp click of teeth as her tail whipped into an arch behind her. She was not much bulk, but she could be quick and pointed. Eager to snip at any delicate skin the coyote left unprotected.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The coyote was smaller. Faster and more nimble. But with her athletic build, Tzila should be able to close the distance in several long strides. Her larger size cost her in speed, where her corded muscle tone made for optimal performance. She flew onwards, focused only on the tawny fur in the near distance.

In moments, she and Iana were upon the coyote. Panicked and fearful, it whirled around to aim a defensive snap back at his larger attacker. This moment of distraction was just what Tzila needed. She swooped in on it's unprotected side, jaws parted to grab for a scruff bite.