Greatwater Lake THE WOLF AND THE LAMB
6 Posts
Ooc — Lex
─────── Her eyes do not leave the watery depths, flitting to welcome Reign beside her, but doing nothing more than that. Wolves in the water would be quite a sight, they would be, wouldn't they? But they were nothing more than imagined figments to take a young pup's anger out on. "I was angry with them. Thought they took all the fish and got fat. Turns out there just wasn't any fish in the lake." The memories are sparse and blurry, but she can make out a golden-furred adolescent nipping and screaming at the clear waters. To just share, at the very least.

She was hungry back then too. Ellansis wonders if, perhaps, she has always been hungry. If there has always been that deep-seated ache in her, a longing for something else that she could never figure out. The wolf submerges two of her paws in the water, allowing the cold to seep in and nip at her bones. Staring back at the blank-eyed wolf in the waters, a glaring resemblance of her.

It's only when the slight movements of thick fur takes Ellansis away from her endless staring, gifting it to Reign as dread fills her empty stomach. Reign never shook. Reign was the strongest wolf she's known, the biggest too. Even in those nights of freezing temperatures and quivering stars, Reign never faltered. Ellansis hadn't even felt a muscle twitch. She had asked too much. Reign had provided too much.

"You know, I can do it. Fish. I know how. I'm self-taught, I think." Her body maneuvers itself to try and block Reign from furthering themself into this endeavor. A silent plea of let me help, let me do this for you. To prove that she's not completely useless

She furthers herself into the waters, allowing for the lake to swallow up her ankles and lap for some more. "Just watch me. I'll throw them to you." Never a command, but rather a promise that Ellansis will catch them this dinner. She just had to catch that familiar glint shining through the smooth surface.
( I WOULD LOVE TO BE RUINED
─────── IF IT MEANS I'M SACRED ENOUGH TO BE KEPT CLOSE )
Messages In This Thread
THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Ellansis - June 06, 2021, 08:00 PM
RE: THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Reign - June 06, 2021, 08:20 PM
RE: THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Ellansis - June 07, 2021, 06:08 PM
RE: THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Reign - June 08, 2021, 08:21 AM
RE: THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Ellansis - June 09, 2021, 03:04 PM
RE: THE WOLF AND THE LAMB - by Reign - June 10, 2021, 11:02 AM