Ouroboros Spine lii. a lifeless face that you'll soon forget
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —

the mother barely managed to avoid startling when shikoba appeared, almost as if she had been doing something wrong -- like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar. she placed the rabbits at her paws in order to converse with the warrior, words drying on her tongue as the she-wolf selflessly offered her the birds she had just caught. lótë deliberated for a moment, eyeing the juicy patridges, feeling new guilt well up in her chest. it didn't seem right that her village-sister should have to sacrifice her fresh game just for gamma and her family when she was working so hard to provide for their tribe. 

after a moment, she gathered up one of the rabbits and traded it for one of the birds shikoba had laid on the ground before settling back on her haunches. one piece of old game for one piece of fresh meat. that seemed a fair trade -- she and adrastus could share what the children did not eat and she would offer them the fowl first. 

"thank you, for more than just the meat. it meant a lot to me that you helped me when i was delivering my children -- and i appreciate the efforts you've gone to for our village since joining," the dove demurred softly, inclining her head gently. it was good to see another foreigner belong as she did, to know she was not alone in learning the moonwolves' ways and finding her footing amongst them.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lii. a lifeless face that you'll soon forget - by Lótë - August 29, 2021, 07:52 PM
RE: lii. a lifeless face that you'll soon forget - by Lótë - September 06, 2021, 10:19 PM
RE: lii. a lifeless face that you'll soon forget - by Shikoba - September 21, 2021, 11:51 PM