Lion Head Mesa How do you know I'm mad?
15 Posts
Ooc — anon
MB is skippable, and I leave it to you both if she is discovered or not by them!

So as to not be killed by The Great Ones, who had provided, Mouseberry sought to once more fill their stores. Small things she brought down. Part of her namesake, and other small rodents. She would not see her fellow hurt for bringing her into this strange fold, though she still could not abide by her assigned role. It was not the fault of Satsu, as an individual, but of Mouseberry herself.

Instinct screamed to keep away from the The Great Ones. All of her life, she had depended on such instinct... and it kept her alive. To ignore it was no easy thing, and Mouseberry was unprepared. With that, disinterested. Fleeing them had kept her alive this long. It seemed wrong to go against such so entirely.

Trust was slow to be gained. Mouseberry could seem witless, but even Mouseberry could not answer to what and who she was. All of her life, she had been The Runner; only her mother had called her Mouseberry, for her preference of the smaller and sweet things. What was there to her, beyond surviving?

Wolfscent. Mouseberry froze. All of this wondering, this thinking, would get her killed. Now Mouseberry had time. Time for thought, rather than running to seek her next meal.

She could not see them from here, but she heard the voice of Jawahir. A small comfort. This new scent was not familiar, not at all, more stranger to her than the other faces she had never seen before. And so the coyote turned to seek shelter, thrusting herself into some old burrow. Abandoned or otherwise, she would make it hers for the hour, until the danger had passed.

Mouseberry had not supposed they had detected her.
Messages In This Thread
How do you know I'm mad? - by Arielle - October 14, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Jawahir - October 15, 2021, 12:02 AM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Mouseberry - October 15, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 03:57 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Jawahir - October 16, 2021, 09:11 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 09:43 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Jawahir - October 17, 2021, 05:23 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Arielle - October 19, 2021, 03:50 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Jawahir - October 19, 2021, 10:07 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Arielle - October 20, 2021, 08:17 PM
RE: How do you know I'm mad? - by Jawahir - October 30, 2021, 02:15 PM