Swiftcurrent Creek It just hit me
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
@Esperanza I got an idea and I hope you don't mind if I change it up a bit. Bazi probably won't be in this cause of Star's idea. If you want you can assume that Esperanza followed Star if not that's ok. Trying to be vague.

Star was walking along. She still didn't know the black wolf's name however she did not bother to ask yet. She walked at a brisk pace towards the creek. Then an idea hit her: She did not know if Bazi would be okay with the wolf being a temporary healer who didn't join the pack. This would solve this, although it might be difficult for her and the wolf. Bazi had said to find a healer or find someone nice to tutor you. The obsidian black wolf seemed nice. If it was okay with the wolf to teach her. Star planned on being in Swiftcurrent permanently, why not help out by learning to be healer herself?
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The ebony woman followed the white pelted she-wolf. She never thought of being in another pack so soon, even though she was not joining unless there was no other option in the matter. She listened to the sounds of a stream that was connected through the pack territory for she couldn't help but smile at the beautiful territory and land. "How about this, I join your pack, become a healer, and if you have any ideas who would like to be my apprentice, let me know. This place is just too beautiful to miss out, and I like the scenery here. It reminds me of my home in the Spring."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"So you will join? What's your name? I'm Star." She nodded. "It is very nice here." Whether she gave the wolf the idea depended on if the black wolf was officially joining or not. If she joined, Star wouldn't have to learn to be healer. If not, then... She would have to. But she wouldn't mind. Her purpose was to serve her pack.
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The ebony wolf smiled, "My name is Esperanza, but you may call me Esper. As for your question of joining your pack, yes I would like to join. Though, I would need someone to be an apprentice, just incase that if I pass on early or something were to happen you have another healer to take my place." She spoke in a calm and composed tone as her ears stayed erect, listening to other sounds around the land.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Okay I'm gonna tag @Bazi Edit: Bazi's not alpha anymore so Schmitar agreed to join instead.

She was suprised as she talked so calmly about if something were to go wrong. "Alright Esper, I don't know too many of the pack but I'm sure Bazi can introduce you to someone you can train." She said. Surely there were other wolves who wanted to be healer more than Star, so she could leave it up to them.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The changes had washed over him in a wave of surrealism – Bazi had stepped down, speaking to him privately of her intentions. Her desire to be a mother had been common knowledge to the male.. but he hadn’t realized how absolutely necessary she deemed it, and while he had argued that she could be both, she seemed reluctant to see it that way. Instead, she made plans to travel outside of the lands and visit Tuwawi, promising she would return when the moon was in the same shape as it had sat above them the evening before.

And with that, Scimitar had helplessly watched his girlfriend walk across Swiftcurrent Creek lands, unable to shake the feeling that she needed a break from him rather than anything else.

And so, the Frostfur had inherited the rank of Alpha – Swiftcurrent’s Creek fourth one, to be exact.. in a horrendously short amount of time. The pack needed stability now more than ever as it attempted to regrow, and with a heavy heart, he knew he would need to call the others for a meeting and tell them the news..

Lost in thought, he only realized a strange scent was upon the borders when he came upon the tiny female Star.. and a she-wolf who he had met not long ago. Star was not one he was overly acquainted with, and glancing between the two, he attempted to mask the exhaustion that seemed to emanate from him as he cleared his throat to gain their attention. “Star?” It was not a question to verify her name – it was him asking for an explanation.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Esperanza looked to the wolf she had met not too long ago. A smile stayed on her face as emerald orbs shown kindness when she looked to the alpha male. "Don't be upset with Star, she was only wishing to help her pack for she cares about her family. I would like to join your pack as a healer, for I know a lot of knowledge about herbs and which leaves and other things can be used as remedies. But, it is your decision, Sir."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She was about to explain when Esper did so first. "Bazi sent me on a mission. I came upon Esper." She gave the alpha/beta a polite nod, hoping he would approve of her. Star had chosen Esper, so in Star's mind, Esper's actions reflected Star's choice. Esper better be good.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He released a small grunt as he was told by the stranger not to be upset with Star – he wasn’t, he had simply asked her who it was she had brought home. Blinking at the newcomer, his eyes drifted back to the tiny snowy female, giving a light nod as she explained. “Bazi is.. not here for the moment. She recently left to visit Tuwawi and stepped down from her rank.” There was a small pause as his eyes softened upon his pale pack mate, one he had not gotten to know much of just yet. “I will be holding a pack meeting later this evening.. you should attend and we can discuss it then.”

A healer was greatly needed, and he gave a nod. “Your name is Esper, then?” He directed his attention back once more to the swarthy female, shifting his weight. “What experience do you have with healing, then?”
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Esperanza smiled as she nodded when he talked about the meeting. She would love to attend and talk to him then, for she hoped to be the healer. Her emerald optics looked to him, almost seeming to be peering into his soul. He would ask her if her name was Esper, and she would give a small chuckle, "I'm Esperanza, but I go by Esper since it's easier for some to remember. You can call me whatever you would like." She would joke. As for the healing, she had done a lot, hopefully it would be enough for her to join the pack as the healer.

"I have basically learned healing on my own. I have met a lot of injured wolves and other creatures in my journey, and I have taught myself everything. I know what herbs grow in what region and how to use them. I know how to help heal cuts, deep gashes, eye injuries, and I had even done a leg amputation to another wolf once, but I know I can do it again if necessary."
She had not been lying to this alpha, she had done all the things she had said she had done, knowing it may seem a bit farfetched.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She nodded politely. She was a little surprised, but she could talk to him about this later. "Okay." She said as he told her to attend. Star stepped aside a little as he began to speak to Esper.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He listened to her – she seemed to have some experience, but whether or not she was as capable as their last healer had been (who had personally tended to his shoulder) would remain to be seen. But he could not pass over her.. especially now, when the pack lay at a weakened state as a new Alpha rose.

“Scimitar,” he introduced in turn, glancing back to Star then. She seemed surprised by his news, but spoke nothing of it, agreeing to instead attend the meeting that would occur later that evening. With a dip of his muzzle, he drifted his eyes once more to the newcomer. “Welcome to Swiftcurrent Creek then,” he offered, moving forward to rub his shoulder against the length on the left of her body – placing his scent upon her and officially accepting her to the ranks.

With that, he moved away, claiming his personal space once more before he allowed his bright teal eyes to drift between either of them. “I’ll hopefully see you at the meeting then. Star, perhaps you could provide Esperanza with a tour?”

Without truly waiting for an answer, the agouti male loped away from the pair, withholding the scowl that threatened to break his features as he considered how to break the news of Bazi’s departure to the pack.