Shadewood Change
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
Mature 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: suggestive themes

hope this is good to go now!

He hadn't gotten enough of the small female named Iris (@Themis). He had originally intended to leave these lands, and return home to Vex, but... his hunger was... insatiable. Vorilye had followed her scent. Here, he called for her. "Oh Iris... I've returned."
"Common." · "Greek." · "Thieves' Cant"

Physical Health (100/100)

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Astraios is mentally well.
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG I absolutely forgot, my mind is everywhere these days

Themis had claimed the forest.

She moved through it like a silent storm, her smell distant in her nose, her eyes ever roving.

This was her land, she was learning it, making it as she went, every day she spent beneath the trees only furthered her knowledge. She was it’s keeper. 

She would forever be it’s keeper. She would direct her remains to be buried on its borders if she thought of it later on. But her mind was elsewhere.

Vorilye was here.

She did not answer his seductive purr, lingering out of sight, her scent thick enough over the area that she could hide and watch with narrowed blues. What did he want? Her again? She chewed at the side of her cheek, barely even daring to breathe.
english · greek · thieves cant
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
No worries, it happens! <3

Iris' scent was thick in the air, and the massive Cruor male breathed it deeply. Slowly moving through the trees, he called again, louder this time, "Iris... I couldn't stop thinking about you. About whether anything came from our night together..." He was not actually certain whether this was a lie or not - the thought of children had always been on his mind; Jaganatha had paired him with Vex, after all, with the intent of producing pure Cruor children. The perfect children. Vorilye scoffed softly, brushing this thought away.

"And in truth... I am a deserter, and when my sister finds out I've left our family pack... she will look to kill me." Perhaps, at some point, he had loved Vex - hell, he felt guilty even thinking about her. But he couldn't stand living below his father anymore. He had tainted Vex... poisoned her mind with his self-serving ideals. No... Vex was not who she used to be. He did not love who she had become.

What if he started over? When he next spoke, there was a trace of desperation, along with frustration. "Please. I've travelled hundreds upon hundreds of miles, just to be here."

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
He spoke, and his words fell tinged with sorrow.

It spoke to who life had made her that she did not go to him. Instead, her first reaction was suspicion, her thoughts going cold as ice. Themis let out a snort, before throwing her voice, using the dark of the forest to her advantage.

Do you expect me to believe you outright, Vorilye?
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
A response came, Vorilye's ears straining to decipher the direction of the sound. He answered quickly, his heart drumming a rather unsteady beat in his chest. "No. But... If you gave me a chance, you'd see how useful I can be." He had served Vex well as a beta - he knew how to fight, how to protect. "You'll want me here, if you are pregnant." He would not see his potential children raised fatherless. He couldn't. "I can help you. And you can help me."

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
He sounded sincere.

He wanted to raise the children she could be carrying, and since she was packing on pounds on her haunches, she knew what she had wrought.

She knew what she needed.

Slowly, the shadow woman peeled away from her all encompassing darkness, jewel blue eyes the only points of color on her face.

If you wish to stay, you should pledge. Oi Kryfoí won’t suffer non pack members leeching on its borders. She tipped her head back to stare the larger man in the eyes. Hard.

Also…call me Themis. Iris is a persona.
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
There was silence for a short time, and eventually he saw Iris' piercing blue eyes emerging from the shadows. He relaxed somewhat, a small smile taking over his features as she fully revealed herself. "I will pledge myself to you... Themis." The Cruor man bowed low, swallowing hard. "This will be my new start." Part of Vorilye debating changing his own name - he had deserted the Cruors, after all. But, another part of him still took pride in his lineage - it still meant something to him. He sighed, then put these thoughts aside for now. Quietly, he asked, "How many do you have, and what is your purpose?"

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Themis let out a little sigh of air.

A new pledge.

Walk with me. She said, sweeping her head towards the woods. Assuming Vorilye followed, she began to speak.

Not as many as I liked, but the pack isn’t meant to be sprawling. Oi Kryfoí means “The Hidden Ones” in my mother tongue. And we are that, hidden. She licked her nose nervously.

Once I was a thief. Before that, I was a serf, toiling away beneath the eyes of those who would see me break before I was ever given anything resembling power. And here…I seek power, to give to the powerless. I am king only in name, and in deed. My bloodline will not rule over this pack. My only duty, is to keep everyone safe. If I cannot do that, I am to be removed. End of story.
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vorilye followed - it felt like that was the only thing he knew how to do, and part of him resented that. As Themis spoke of the pack, Vorilye found himself more intrigued. The Hidden Ones... He grimaced to himself. He was hiding. He'd travelled so far to be free of Vex, and even so, he was still... uncertain. He left these thoughts as Themis spoke again, and he smirked softly.

"I was given power - I acted as a beta of sorts for my sister, Vex. But she and our father constantly reminded me that I was still powerless in other ways." Vorilye's tone turned bitter. "I don't yet know what it is I seek. Perhaps, just the chance to lead my life the way I want it." He frowned, the scars pulling at his muzzle. He looked down to Themis. "I can fight. That's what I was bred for." Built to take things by force, shaped by Vex and Jaganatha to be something their enemies feared. And now he was here, helping to build a new pack. How things had changed.

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Themis hummed, one ear tipped to the side as a thoughtful expression curved over her features. Blue eyes skipped into the darkness, for a moment, before they went back to Vorilye.

You can find out what you want to be, Vorilye, I won’t force you to be a warrior. The starting rank here is just Krymménos. You will simply be Hidden, until you figure out what works best for you. She quirked a grin.

Does that sound alright with you?
110 Posts
Ooc — The System
For the first time in his life, Vorilye felt uncertain. He felt as if somehow Themis had stripped him bare, and now all of his flaws could be seen. He wondered what she saw, when she looked at him. He had half a mind to ask, though he pushed this aside, too. "I know that I want to defend my children, and the mother of them. I know I want the chance to raise my children better than my father raised me." His icy eyes met her bluer gaze, and there was a hard, determined look in his. He did not expect romance with Themis - he had not originally intended to see anything through - but now, at least, he intended to be a true father, if she would let him.

Astraios is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)