Duskfire Glacier Dawn
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Limit Two 
set at dawn, cloudy, hoping for it to count for her trade!

Dawn came, and Calida left her den in the caverns, heading down into the bosk iana. She pause to mark, and let out a soft howl. She did not expect many of her packmates to be up yet, but she had kept to herself for far too long. Now that she was fully healed, she had no excuse. What better way than to dive right in?
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The mornings were a sight to behold, two slumbering bodies tucked away in the back of the warm den, which left Rye placed near the entrance. He didn't mind it, even preferring it so he could keep an attentive ear out for any sounds throughout the night. The hotah let himself bask in his families presence early in the morning, often it was watching their tiny movements while they dreamed, trying to guess what they dreamed about but almost never figuring it out. This morning was one of those mornings, he took a moment to watch his family sleep, kissing Imaqs forehead as tiny whines emitted from her muzzle. The husband cooed his wife back into a peaceful sleep, humming contently once he saw her settle. As content as he was to stay for a while longer, someone called in the distance. Rye loathed the idea of leaving so early but breakfast would need to be served, so with one final round of forehead kisses Rye parted from the den.

Black and pink paws collided with the ground in a loping pattern, the males strides long and consistently fast paced. It wasn't long before he rounded a tree and saw his packmate patrolling the border. Rye bounced to a stop, gentle confusion pinching his brows together. "Everything alright?" He inquired. For the life of him he couldn't recall her name, having heard it so long ago the man never thought it prudent to lock it down. Rye hadn't locked down the names of most of the newest packmates he'd seen or heard about, he knew he needed to get back into the pack loop, sooner rather than later.  
Assumed she's patrolling, lmk if I need to change that!
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Her call was answered in the form of one of her packmates appearing, and Calida cast him a small smile and dip of the head. "All is well," Calida answered, "I was just patrolling." She gestured to the path that she had been walking. She stared at him, trying to recall his name, and it just wasn't coming to her. Apologetically, she said, "I'm so sorry - I can't remember your name. I'm Calida."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
She could not recall his name either, that made Rye feel better that he wasn't the only one. "I'm Rye." He smiled, tail swaying lightly. "It has been some time since I have patrolled the border, I think I will accompany you." Initially said as a statement, Rye quickly back tracked. "If you wouldn't mind I mean." 
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
"Not at all," Calida said, tail swaying slightly as she gave Rye a small smile. She set off on her route again, heading northwest towards the ice field. "So, how does the morning find you?" she inquired politely as they patrolled; their borders were clear, and she was finding no trace of strangers or other threats, though given the state of the taiga, it wasn't altogether unsurprising.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The white chested man smiled with gratitude that she accepted, quickly letting her take lead while he settled in a walking pace at her side. Calida questioned his morning thus far, his chest rumbled with light laughter, nearly giddy remembering what awaited him back home. "Well," He answered, a smile in his voice. "Very well, my wife and son are home sleeping. I could not ask for much more in life." It was a half truth, while yes he was elated to be with his family, the packs current food shortage had him hungrily wishing for more in life. "And you? Up so early, are you a natural early bird?" He returned the question and then some, Rye knew so little of his pack mates but urge to take up the learning mantle once again was robust. Even his previous aspirations of becoming a midwife was beginning to emerge again. 
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida's emerald gaze brightened as Rye talked of his family, and she said, "That's wonderful! What are their names?" She'd not done a good job at getting to know her fellow packmates, aside from Tuuluuwaq and Lane, but she was adamant about making up for it now. When Rye questioned her, she answered with a soft chuckle. "Oh, yes. I love getting up early - I find solace in the quiet dawn." This was when she could do some serious thinking - her body would go on autopilot as she patrolled, which allowed her to focus on whatever it was she was thinking about on any given morning. Today, it was Iota - she hadn't seen him in weeks, and she was beginning to fear the worst. Sighing, she admitted, "I uh... I lost a friend. He was going to join the pack, and then when I went with Lane to find him, he was just... gone. I'm thinking he got lost, so..." She gestured to the path they were following, "I figured I'd look for any signs."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
"My wife, Imaq and then my son, Sikuliak." He proclaimed, tail waving. "Imaq is hard to miss, her fur is unlike ours, distinctive and colorful even. I think you'll like her, my son too. They make the sun shine a little bit brighter each day." He chuckled. The epsilon would take every chance he got to brag about his perfect family, still riding off the exuberance of his family's return, his bragged would double. Surely to many others annoyance but Rye, too love struck, was going to be (occasionally willingly) oblivious to his packmates plight.
Moving on, Calida explained her love of early mornings, to which Rye bounced his head in agreement, he knew the benefits of an early start, it was why he was out there to begin with. A few beats passed before the hotah noticed his friends demeanor had changed, the word automated came to his mind as he snuck a few glances in. The fathers ears splayed as an emotionally weighted sigh loosened from Calidas lips, flaxen eyes offered their support as they sought out eye contact. Calida voiced her concerns over man, her friend, mentioning how she thought they were lost and intended on looking for them. The fathers heart twanged, horrid memories of dread and depression resurfaced from his family's disappearance, to say he understood her worries would be an understatement. 
"I'm sorry to hear that," He stated somberly, a grim expression settling onto his features. "Would you mind describing him? I could aid in your search." He hoped it would relieve pressure off his packmates shoulders, it did in his own experience but he knew everyone was different.          
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sorry for the delay! This is the last from me <3

Calida smiled softly as Rye spoke of his family - she hadn't met them yet, but she made a mental note to keep an eye out, just in case. She was trying to be more social, despite her anxieties, and she was making progress. When asked about Iota's appearance, she said, "He's got a dark pelt... a blind eye, and scars." It had been so long, she'd forgotten the intricate details. Her chest tightened once more, then she sighed softly - there was no sign of him out here. "I'll check out other places later... thanks for your help, Rye." She smiled again, though it was a tad strained. It was time for her to head back. "I'll see you later?" She would wait for his farewell, and then she would split off, at please proud of the work she'd put in today.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Nw! this worked out perfectly anyways!

Rye listened to the description of the male and made space in his mind to remember the details. "Okay, I will look out for him. I'm sure he will turn up." he offered what he could in reassurance. "Cya later." He parted ways with the female
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."