Cedar Sweep The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady listened as close as she dared, and then assumed the position. A thrill of excitement snaking along her back and shoulders. Paws akimbo, but firm. Head low. She waited.

The seconds, then minutes crawled. The only sounds were her own breathing and the sound of Ully's large paws digging at first the snow and then the dirt. She hoped it didn't hurt, him overly much. The ground was probably hard and frozen. She didn't want him to have an issue with it.

After what felt like forever, she began to hear the squeaks beneath the ground. The sound of pattering paws as they raced from one tunnel to the next. Trepidation reared it's ugly head and she was certain she wouldn't catch it. At the first sight of the small creature, she lunged and snapped. Fur and flesh against her tongue. She shook her head, once, twice three times and then it hung limp. She tried to lunge for a second one, but it was a bit to quick for her.

Then she jumped up and down and raced towards her guard and friend and squealed. Slamming into him.

I did it! Did you see that Ully! I did it!

She pranced and danced in place, her tail waving behind her, as she completely lost her in head in a moment of joy. Though when it was all said and done, tears streamed from her eyes and she wasn't certain why, but a smile still graced her muzzle.
Messages In This Thread
RE: The world was on fire and no one could save me but you - by Adylaide - December 14, 2022, 06:49 PM