Lion Head Mesa benediction
10 Posts
Ooc —
Toula. Her name was like a prayer, forever on his lips unspoken. She was his mirror image, but where he had many faults muat-riya was perfection. He felt her weight, her warmth against him, and thought not for the first time why Makono?

His twin may be reassured, but Sethnakht was terrified. Within his bones, in his heart and soul, he feared for her. What if she came across danger, and he was not there to lay down his life for her? The royal dynasty, the throne, it all meant nothing if Toula was not there to bask in the glory of it with him.

The divine's beautiful voice spoke to him as they walked, soothing him. But a pang of pain too followed because he knew he would not be blessed again with it for many moons.

She was right, Toula would remain here in many ways. "Of course, my soul, I take you with me in every breath, in every heartbeat." His voice cracked once more. "When I see the sun I will think of your shining radiance, and when I see the moon she will pale against your beauty." Now he spoke the words of a poet, hopefully, he'd get better at it but for now, this was what he could muster. "My Toula." Pressing his head against hers, he breathed in her scent as if it was the last thing he would ever smell. "I am utterly devoted to you." It was a promise. One he would forever keep.
Messages In This Thread
benediction - by Toula - January 06, 2023, 10:25 AM
RE: benediction - by Sethnakht - January 17, 2023, 06:31 PM
RE: benediction - by Toula - January 17, 2023, 07:01 PM
RE: benediction - by Sethnakht - January 17, 2023, 07:55 PM
RE: benediction - by Toula - January 17, 2023, 08:43 PM
RE: benediction - by Sethnakht - January 18, 2023, 05:08 PM
RE: benediction - by Toula - January 19, 2023, 09:12 AM