Two Rivers Isle Just for a minute, the silver forked sky
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Private 
Ulrich stood at the top of a hill overlooking the Isle, though he could see almost nothing in front of him. A thick blanket of fog and mist coated everything, reducing visibility to only about ten feet in any direction. It was eerie, but also sort of interesting to be inside of. All noise echoed strangely, making it difficult to pinpoint where each noise was coming from. It was a perfect excuse to go on another hunt with @Adylaide, so he howled for her. Let her find him the mist, see how long it took her. They would hunt in this weather, and he would teach her how to do so in low visibility. After all, her nose still worked, and that was a wolf's most important hunting tool.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ulrich had woken up before her. Though she had felt him leave, she hadn't gotten up. She had been too comfortable. All too soon though, she missed his warmth and the heavy presence of him nearby so she had left the den.

Brown eyes had stared in awe as the fog colored the hilltops they stayed upon. It was like shadows and smoke. It played with her eyes. The thick soupy stuff was all around her. It felt her fur feeling denser, and thicker, heavy. As the droplets of water from deep in the recesses of the grayness fell upon her and pressed harder and harder.

She heard the howl, but she couldn't pinpoint his exactly location. The Fog making everything echo and distort. So slowly, carefully she picked her way through their home. Nose to the ground. The problem was Ully was everywhere, his smell was everywhere. She tried to find the newest scent and she followed it. Only to bump right into her husband's side as she was too busy sniffing him out to look for him too.

Oh! She giggled Good Morning my love.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich did not hear his wife coming toward him until she was nearly upon him. He half-turned to greet her and she bumped into his side, her head down. He chuckled. Good morning. I’m glad you found me in this fog. You used your nose, which is what I’m going to ask you to do again now. I was thinking of doing another hunting lesson, in low visibility. This way you will be stuck using your nose only. It’ll be good practice, I think. He smiled at her, glancing around at the blanket of fog coating the entire Isle. Are you up to the challenge?

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady couldn't stop the second giggle that came out of her mouth. His laughter was contagious and she enjoyed hearing it. Ears pressed forward to hear what he had to say. He wanted to hunt, that sounded like a good plan. Though. 

Brown eyes lifted to look around at the heavy dense fog that surrounded them. She tried to look deeper into the fog, but her eyes made shapes where there were none, and the shadows laughed at her.

She bounced a little on her paws. I'm always up for a challenge.

She bent her nose to the ground. There wasn't anything prominent in the air or on the ground, but she imagined there was more elsewhere.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich watched Adylaide as she attempted to squint through the fog, and smiled in amusement. That would not work. Not today, with the weather like this. As she sniffed around for the scent of prey, he continued to do nothing--simply stood by and watched. This was her hunt. He was there simply to observe, and to give advice if she really needed it. But if he did the hunt for her, she would not learn. Well, I'll follow your lead, he said, looking at her expectantly. Where to?

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A sour smell came to her. It wasn't unpleasant exactly, just letting her know something was near. If she had to guess she would hazard a guess that there were birds nearby. No one quite realized how foul smelling birds could be, but they were quite smelly.

This way, husband. She said softly and strode towards the sour smell. There was more than one, but what beasts of the air were out at this time, she didn't know. She supposed they'd find out once they found them, if they found them.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
short post because Ulrich is just meant to be a silent observer here, just watching her do the hunting herself.

Ulrich followed dutifully along behind Adylaide, not even wanting to walk beside her, lest he accidentally clue her in to anything hunting-wise. This would be all on her own; he was there simply to observe. He could smell a few different animals in the fog, underneath the pack scent that permeated the Isle. It took a minute for him to realize she was headed for the birds. He nodded to himself, but said nothing.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She'd never learned to hunt birds. So she glanced at Ulrich, seeing that he was silent and observant she decided this was a test of sorts. To gauge her experience and her movements. She frowned in thought. Unsure for a moment on what to do, but she shifted into a low crouch. The sour smell growing with each paw step.

Head down shoulders above. She slunk through the frozen underbrush. Eyes foward. Unsure, but hopeful. Focused.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich could tell by his wife's glance at him that she was feeling unsure of herself, but he remained silence, only pursing his lips at her as a reminder that he would not help. There might come a time when he couldn't help, when she would be forced to hunt alone, or to lead a hunt without him, and she must learn to have more confidence in herself and her skills.

They were growing closer to the bird(s?) and he followed her lead as she slunk carefully and low to the ground. Far be it from him to be the one to ruin this hunt. He hardly dared to breathe, fearing any small noise would give them away even in this fog and startle their prey into the air, where it would become impossible to catch.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady felt a sense of pressure to do her best. However, she also knew that Ulrich wouldn't be upset with her if she couldn't. And that alone is what kept her on the path to the birds. Her thoughts didn't travel towards the macabre that his did. They usually didn't. She preferred to be an optimist.

A loud sound and the birds burst forth. She jumped forward unthinking and grasped one by the wing and tore it down to the ground. The large snap hurt her ears. But it lay there crimson and broken in the snow. She grasped it by the throat and shook it. 

Then she watched with brown eyes the other two as they flew a bit aways. She looked to Ulrich. Once they land and they have some time to calm down. Perhaps we go after them again?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was amazed that Adylaide had actually caught anything. He stared at her open-mouthed for a moment, looking at the stain of blood around her maw, the crimson on the ground, the dead bird. He had thought this particular hunting lesson would end in futility, as he was no good at catching birds. I... I think the student has surpassed the master, he murmured.

He cleared his throat, shaking himself. If you want to go after the others, we can. However, I must warn you, I have never once successfully caught a bird. Perhaps you must teach me. He glanced down at the dead bird again. If we're going to go after the others, we shouldn't eat this one now, but save it for the caches. The blood will scare the other birds away and we will never get close enough again.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ulrich stared at her and she licked around her muzzle and looked at her chest fur. Did she get crimson somewhere it shouldn't be. She tried to find it, wondering what had him so fussed. Then he spoke and she made a soft oh sound and tilted her ears.

Ady curled her tail around her in happiness and shuffled her feet. I don't know if I could Ully. It was honestly just mostly a happy accident. But. she followed the birds.

They look like they're too far away anyway.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich hummed. Very well, he said, smiling. Would you like to enjoy this now, then, he gestured toward the dead bird, or put it in the caches? Either way, it was very good. I thought you'd pick something easier--something that can't fly away when being chased. He nodded, glancing around at the fog still covering every square inch of the Isle--that he could see, anyway. Well done.

[Fade?]

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"No, let's put it in the caches. It's no longer only us. The others should eat as well.

She slid along his side and nipped his shoulder playfully. Thanks! I did my best.

She would haul the bird to the nearest cache and then if Ully would allow spend the rest of the day sequestered with just him for company. She always craved his attention and presence and as of late they have had other duties. IT only seemed fair she'd get a little time of him to herself.