Two Rivers Isle Lifts you up like a star I will follow
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
The majority of time spent lately was filling caches, patrolling borders and making their pack mates feel as comfortable as they could. In a new home with new wolves and a new life. Ady had fallen into a routine as she had done so, but a the back of her mind the conversation with @Ulrich about children continued to lay thick and heavy. She visited at all moments and took it out to look upon.

Today she had laid it out in pieces to peruse and decided they would have children come spring, and she honestly couldn't wait, and they needed something bigger, that was aesthetically pleasing to both. A whelping den would be found and then a rendezvous site, but she wanted something more permanent, where they would spend their time, and where the children would be possibly made. The fox's den though it fit them, it felt odd to live in a dead creature's burrow.

So with careful, dainty steps and nose to the ground she went in search of something to share with Ully. That was just theirs. She tried to keep in mind that he would prefer something well hidden, not on low ground and not too near water.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich caught Adylaide's scent on the wind, and though he had originally tended to go patrolling the borders (again), he changed directions to follow her. He had not seen her since that morning, since they'd left the den together but in different directions, to go about their day. He found her wandering the hills some time later, her nose to the ground, looking very determined and focused about something. Adylaide, he called, some steps behind her, afraid to scare her.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Her name was called, downy white head lifted and brown eyes cut across the lands that now belonged to his and hers. A smile slowly spread across her face as her tail wagged and she gave a little jump in the air and a yip. 

Hey Ully!

She motioned for him to come closer then she'd drop the bombshell upon him of what she was doing. Because one thing was for certain, Ady knew her husband and she also knew that anything talking about the things they did in the privacy of their den or the babies that would eventually come would absolutely floor him. And he'd become her adorably awkward husband that she loved. She loved all facets of him really, but that side always made her smile.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich chuckled to himself at her reaction to him. Sometimes she really was like a cub, prancing about his paws as if he'd brought her a treat. He came to her at her beckoning and pressed his forehead to hers, much like friendly cats do when greeting each other. What have you been doing today? he asked as he pulled back, glancing around at the hills. You seemed like you were looking for something just now.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She leaned into him, lifting a front leg and paw to curl around his front. She nudged against his chest and nibbled at his ear, before she separated and looked around. She grinned at him and nodded. I was busy.

she swept her tail around and then motioned back the way she was walking. I was looking for a new place to make a bigger den site. When we have children we are going to need a bigger one and though the one works for now. It's pretty small. And I want something that is just ours.

She smiled up at him, brown eyes alight with the love she held for him.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
If Ulrich had been walking as she spoke, he would've tripped on her words about children. Of course they had talked about this before, not too long ago, but the sudden way that she brought the topic up now caught him short. Children, he repeated. Yes.

Immediately, partly out of nervousness, he began to glance around, looking for an appropriate spot to start digging a new den. A bigger den will be necessary, yes, he said, rather gruffly, because he wasn't sure what else to say. He caught her smile and tried to return one to her, though he probably just looked pained. Why was he still so nervous about this? They had talked about it. They had agreed that they both wanted children. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down. He needed to get a grip on himself.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady heard it, saw it. Knew exactly how he would react. She had to chuckle to herself. She moved closer to him and leaned against him. 

Yes, little furballs that look and act like both of us, maybe neither of us. That we will love.

She nudged him under his chin. Take a minute to acclimate yourself with the idea my love. And talk to me.

She knew that when Ully got this way, if she spoke with him. And they worked through what it was. He usually calmed down. He was nervous and rightly so, she was nervous too. After all Children was a big responsibility. A big one, but she had faith in both of them and the wolves they had brought into the fold.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich took a few deep breaths, willing himself to stop thinking. He was always overthinking. Everything would be all right if he just stopped for a little while. It didn't matter what he thought. What did he feel? He stood there quietly for a few moments, and a smile slowly came to his face.

Children, he murmured. I would like to... be a father. I would like to do something good with my life. He thought of all the things his king had made him do, and then made himself stop thinking about that. Bringing children into the world is a good thing. And we could raise them here. Where they'd be safe and... and happy.

And yet, inevitably, he could feel anxiety creep into his veins again. But are there enough of us here? To feed them? To protect them? I do not know...

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady continued to stand near while he acclimated himself. Brown eyes tracing over his features. Looking to see if she needed to step in. Deep breaths, she found herself following along and doing the same thing. Trying to give him that level of comfort.

You will make a great father. She told him. She didn't comment on the good thing, because far as she was concerned. Ully had always done great things, but this was not the time to speak on those. No this was for him to get used to the idea of children.

There would be enough to feed them between just you and I, Ully. SO yes there are more than enough wolves. And there are many that will protect them, but none more so than you. I'm not worried.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was embarrassed but pleased as Adylaide told him that she thought he would make a great father. Fatherhood was something he had never thought about before very recently.

And then... and then he got angry and bothered for just a moment.

"And there are many that will protect them, but none more so than you," she said. "I'm not worried."

And for just a few seconds, for perhaps the first time in his life, he thought, Why do I always have to protect everyone? How am I meant to have any kind of life now that I'm far away from that horrid king if all I ever do is patrol borders and protect the weak? Why me? Annoyance flashed clearly across his face, his snout wrinkling, eyes narrowing.

But what kinds of thoughts were these? Here he was, happily married to a woman he had secretly loved all his life and now he was complaining? Forget about protecting his children--what about simply raising them? That would be enough challenge as it was, and perhaps he was not up to it.

He glanced up at Adylaide, feeling embarrassed by his sudden childishness. I--forgive me. I must... I need to clear my head. He turned away from her, thinking of going for a run, but turned to glance over his shoulder. It is not you. You've done nothing. It's... just me. He began to trot away, and would leave if she did not stop him.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
His beautiful face morphed and changed in front of her eyes and she shrunk down. Ears laid to her skull. He was annoyed with her. What did she do? She didn't understand. A soft whine left her maw and she wondered what to do.

She stepped after him. His name Ul.. ON her lips, then she clamped down on them and let him go. She would watch him go and then sink to the ground in a low crouch and maybe have a good cry or two.

Then once she collected herself and he collected himself they'd have a conversation like the adults they were. There had been a lot of changes lately. She couldn't blame him for feeling it. And having reactions to it, if that was it.

Maybe it was her? Perhaps he really didn't want a family and her. She picked at the ground. Unsure.