Rising Sun Valley One Little Slip
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
All Welcome 
Louis loped boldly over the snow, sticking to rocks where he could. Big ears swivelled to catch birdsong and, if he was lucky, some mice scurrying beneath the snow. It wouldn't be too long before the melt, and such creatures would be harder to catch unawares.

He'd done well for himself through the season, even spending it mostly alone. Not being picky certainly helped, but he liked to think some skill had been involved. At least a little.

Ah-hah!

Head tilting, Louis lifted a paw, focusing on the sound of scuttling prey just under the soft white. Springing up, he twisted midair and drove his front paws forward into the snow, snout following with teeth bared. The mouse barely had time to recognize what had come upon it before he clamped down.

But the drift was deeper than expected. With only his hindquarters still above-snow, and neither back paw on the ground, he wriggled, and realized extracting himself from the hole he'd created was not going to be quite as easy as getting into it had been. Whoops...
10 Posts
Ooc — Oti
It wasn't as if Pan hated snow, in fact she quite enjoyed the way it looked, but damn it was inconvenient as hell. The way the snowflakes stuck to everything, how soggy it made her paws and belly - she disliked it all. And so it was with great care that Pan ventured outside the borders today, sticking to paths that had been well worn by prey or wolves or both, eager to explore the valley beyond Swiftcurrent Creek.

It was almost by accident that the girl stumbled across the rather unfortunate rear end of a wolf. She had assumed the muffled thump had been a fox, perhaps, and had ignored it for the time being until said thing had come into view and she had realised that the "fox" was definitely too large and too grey. Curiously, Pan trotted closer until she was practically sniffing its paws. Her nose reached out and she poked one, briefly, before skittering back a safe distance to wait and see what would happen.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Yelping at the sudden touch of a very cold wet nose against one of his feet - who, or whatever, they were entirely unknown to him. So buried, it was impossible to see or smell them. Even hearing was a challenge. He wriggled, quickly and unproductively at first before remembering that snow this soft was like water, and he'd only make himself worse off if he wasn't smart. 

Swallowing, he stilled himself, and tried to speak clearly and loudly through the muffle of snow, "Uh... He-hello? I'm friendly. Can you help?" Hopefully they were friendly too. Not a hungry bear about to eat him. That would be an embarrassing way to go.
10 Posts
Ooc — Oti
A muffled yelp and the girl felt her ears pin pack as a wave of guilt settled in her stomach. She hadn't meant to scare the poor thing, merely to see if announcing her presence would somehow help its situation. It did not, unfortunately, only making them wiggle even more.

She could barely hear what was said next, but the anxious tone of its voice drew her closer once more. It would be a dick move to leave them there in whatever frigid sarcophagus they had wormed their way into. Pan shuddered at the thought. 

"Sorry to scare you," she spoke, hoping that even if they could not hear her, her tone would sooth them. Paws began to dig carefully around where the snow met its fur, hot breath melting the offending flakes in hopes it would provide some lubricant.

"When I grab your tail, wiggle as hard as you can," she waited momentarily for a sign of affirmation before she carefully locked her teeth around its grey tail and tugged.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Accepting that they meant to help, Louis held still while they dug, and gave a muffled, "Okay!", when prompted.

The teeth to his tail wasn't exactly comfortable, but it gave some leverage. Dug-out snow made it easier for his feet to find purchase, and Louis twisted and turned in what he hoped was a helpful way.

Soon, with a flurry of upturned powder, he pulled free. Inhaling open air sharply, mouse between his fangs, he scuttled back and turned to face his unexpected ally. A pretty blonde lady, with vibrant eyes.

"Fanks" He offered, apparently forgetting his mouth was now full. Louis wagged his tail, setting the prey down. A scrawny little thing - it hardly seemed worth the mess he'd caused. "Uh, I'm Louis. Fancy meeting you here."

She had been nice to acquaint, but it seemed they were not destined to travel together. So freed of his untimely slip up, he bid her farewell he resolved to be more careful going forward.

He continued his trek through new land, curious to meet others along his way - and a little more careful where he stepped when the powder looked fresh.
"isn't there a white knight, upon a fiery steed?"
30 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The wind drew his paws further into the valley, just trying to sniff the breezes for signs of the wolf he sought. It was a pretty place, but he seemed to have lost his brother's scent for now. Perhaps he'd pick it up again later. 

Currently, he turned to a rabbit, freshly caught by his own two paws and disappointed; Shard's muzzle was more red than white. He'd deal with that when he wasn't so hungry. After all, his friend the wind had brought his paws onto such a path as to find it.

As luck would have him, the wind had brought a friend for this meal, he could hear a disturbance in the quiet. Hello?
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
The smell of preyblood on the wind had caught Louis' attention, and he approached with a singular lack of wariness. Not aggressive - just curious, and feeling no need to disguise his approach. When the wind shifted, Louis wasn't surprised to be noticed, and wagged his tail a little as he stepped into view. "Hello!"

It was a great white boulder of a wolf, in his prime, and probably a loner like Louis by the smell of him. Curious. "I only wondered who it was that had hunted, I didn't mean to disturb you. My name's Louis."
30 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Shard's eyes drifted, unable to help himself and looking over the wolf with a slight. A male, young adult by his looks, and probably hungry. He had yet to encounter a male here, and the concept excited him. . After all, not every man was like himself, he knew. He didn't want to start a fight and get his pelt dirty, especially at the likes of such a lad. He chuckled, pushing the prey over to him and trying not to come on too strong and ruin whatever this encounter would be. Patience, he had. A lot of it, he had to. Respect kept his form free of scars and other imperfections. 

The man's head bent down and pushed the rabbit towards the young wolf. He could hunt another. My name's Shard. Take it, Louis. You're not disturbing me at all.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
"Shard. Nice to meet you." Ears perking, Louis tilted his head. Most of the strangers he'd met were friendly, but it was still unusual to be offered a fresh kill as a greeting.

And he was hungry; he'd followed the trail in hopes of finding scavenge most of all. But it seemed... careless to take the whole meal all for himself, even if it was small. Like some breach of manners. They were strangers, after all.

Unless... Well, given the way Shard had looked Louis over, maybe Shard had a little more curiosity than most. Louis hadn't encountered many males intent on flirting, had never had any real reason to consider it as an option for himself, beyond idly wondering what it might be like. He supposed there was no harm in testing the waters.

"That's kind. I wouldn't want to put you out any." Louis replied, approaching to sniff at Shard curiously, and a take a seat beside him in the snow. "But... perhaps we could share?"
30 Posts
Ooc — Kai
What a nice young man; he likely already had a little she-wolf that was the apple of his eye. But looks were deceiving, and from his scent, he didn't have a pack, either. Meaning... no she-wolf. He thought himself a genius, though he wasn't, and the man knew such, and that wolves need not touch to be lovers. Take it, little one. There's a warren near here. I'll find another, Shard said with a smile, shuffling his body so Louis could sit down more comfortably. Loners help loners.

I barely know him, I barely know him-
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Louis almost protested being called little, but then, he supposed when you were Shard's size, everyone looked that way. Laughing instead, he dropped from a sit to a lay and teased back, "Appreciate it, Big Fella." And then nosed into the rabbit, not about to ask twice if Shard was sure about offering.

Swallowing a first small bite, and feeling warm from the familiarity of rabbit -- common fare in his homeland -- Louis tilted his head again, "Do you live around here? Or do you wander around, like me?"
30 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Cute- he winced as soon as the silken words came out of his muzzle. It hadn't been his intention, and he muttered an apology, Sorry... I've been alone for a while... Shard couldn't help it; Louis was cute - his kindness, his curiosity. Perhaps he was lonelier than he thought.

He shook his pelt out, flinging powder off his mountainous form. Answer the question, he could do that. I came here some time ago, after my brother. I'm not sure where he is now, he hoped Void was okay, he really, truly did. Hoped the best for them all. It twisted his heart all around and sent the wind tossing and turning up inside, and he didn't want to feel them. Why, Gwynt? Why did she like tormenting him so? The man pushed the feelings down, sighing. But... I suppose I've always been a wanderer at heart. The wind guides my paws, and she never fails to bring the most interesting wolves across my path. So, tell me, Louis... what're you doing here?
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Cute. Louis blinked. Grinned. And listened patiently between bites as Shard explained, though in the back of his mind Louis could not help but feel a little pleased at the compliment. He was pretty cute, if he said so himself. Not in a big-headed way, simply an easy self-confidence and assurance of his own worth.

Shard wasn't bad looking himself, truth be told. And he was clearly lonely. Maybe he needed the company for a little while. Louis didn't mind, and certainly didn't expect anything serious to come of it.

"Seems we're much the same." Louis answered, tail wagging, "Wanderlust took me from home a while back, and I've been following the wind ever since. I wanted to see the world, meet new people. To find things nobody else had before and get to tell the tale after. Maybe add in a few trysts for good measure." He smirked, eyes wrinkling playfully.
30 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Shard breathed deeply, his fur growing hot with that wink. It had been a while since someone had returned his flirts. This guy knew, which honestly shouldn't have been surprising. The man was bad at hiding how he felt, was not particularly used to it, and was rather out of practice. I'm a gentleman, if a flirt of one, his voice purred as it chuckled, and he got a bit closer, resting his head on large paws. Those eyes looked up at Louis before he rolled on his back and playfully pushed one of his forepaws against the smaller man's chin. Anyone ever tell you that your fur is soft?

He was quite used to letting himself love, if only for a short while. I could wander with you for a while, if you'd like.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Here was an opportunity to try something new. Louis blinked at the unexpected touch, but didn't find it unwelcome. His kin had always been comfortable with closeness, even platonically. Moreso than most out there, he'd found so far. But Shard's words painted a very specific intention with the gesture, and Louis' tail wagged at the flattery.

"Well, no one's told me lately. And not one so handsome." A giggle. Louis stretched out an answering paw to rest against Shard's shoulder. It had always been pretty girls before who Louis teased and flirted with. He enjoyed the novelty, but it was too early to be sure if that meant anything more. Wandering together for a little while seemed like the best way to find out. "I'd like that very much."